Re: [S-R] Re: Nejaunau was not located in Romania

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2001
      At 06:38 PM 6/7/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >No.
      >13 Julia Poszipanka, b. 1883 going to Toronto, OH to parents
      >14 Maria Poszipanka, b. 1888 " " "
      >15 Julia Padoliscky, b. 1880 going to Youngstown, OH to brother
      >
      >So the 2 girl's parents had emigrated to Ohio previous to 1899
      >and not through Ellis Island.
      >
      >This Toronto is located at Ohio border with W VA, in panhandle at
      >Weirton, W VA.
      >Used to be a large steel mill at Weirton ; even visited it perhaps 40
      >years ago.

      Several of my relatives emigrated to Toronto, Stratton, Empire, OH and
      Weirton, WV in the last few years of the 19th and the early 20th
      century.. They were from the Bardejov, SK area.

      John
    • Richard D. Custer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2001
        Try Nacina Ves, okres Michalovce (formerly Zemplinska zupa), old Magyar name
        was Natafalva. Poszipanka families originate from villages in that region
        anyway.