Re: [S-R] Re: surnames, again

  • PopeBela@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2001
      In a message dated 6/4/01 10:28:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jhender3@... writes:

      > I think there must have been some kind of waiting period when they came into
      > this country. My grandfather always spoke of his arrival as one date and
      > then his date of entry as another. Your time period sounds just right. I
      > wish I could tell you more about it, but I also have 2 dates.
      >
      > Joan

      It's good to know that someone else is going through this too!! :)
      I'm hoping to get another copy of the naturalization papers ..this time from
      the
      Clerk of the Courts in Pittsburgh!
      Maybe I"ll be able to find something on there that didn't show up on the INS
      photocopy??
      We'll see!
      Chris