Re: [S-R] Re: surnames, again

  • PopeBela@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2001
      Frank,
      Thanks so much for the info!
      The match between the Ellis Island info and the Natural'n info is..well..not
      quite a match...the age is a year off...pretty close though...and the town
      he's from is pretty close to Gelnica of course...however on the papers he's
      listed as coming from
      Golnitz (Gelnica)...I have to get that phone call from the FHC that the film
      is in though!
      RGH!

    • PopeBela@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2001
        In a message dated 6/4/01 10:28:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        jhender3@... writes:

        > I think there must have been some kind of waiting period when they came into
        > this country. My grandfather always spoke of his arrival as one date and
        > then his date of entry as another. Your time period sounds just right. I
        > wish I could tell you more about it, but I also have 2 dates.
        >
        > Joan

        It's good to know that someone else is going through this too!! :)
        I'm hoping to get another copy of the naturalization papers ..this time from
        the
        Clerk of the Courts in Pittsburgh!
        Maybe I"ll be able to find something on there that didn't show up on the INS
        photocopy??
        We'll see!
        Chris