Re: [S-R] Parents of John Misura

  • Lindarose Veches
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2001
      I have several times unsubscribed to this group.... Take me off your
      emails.. I really do not want them
      cordially,

      Lindarose
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2001
        When you subscribed, you were sent the following:

        Hello and Welcome to SLOVAK-ROOTS mail list!

        This list is for genealogy queries on ancestors who came from the former
        Austria-Hungary, which are generally the modern day countries of Hungary, Czech
        Republic and Slovak Republic. Queries on locating information in the "old
        country" as well as locating information where your ancestors settled are
        welcomed on this list.

        The rules of this list are simple...

        1. No flames (rude or abusive postings to other listmembers), and do not post
        off-topic emails (which include chain letters, virus warnings, jokes, spam
        etc.)

        2. Please do not forward emails from this list to other lists, whether on the
        onelist server or other servers, and do not forward emails from other servers
        to this list. Both are considered copyright violations. The only exception of
        course is if you are the original writer of the email, then you can send it
        wherever you'd like!

        3. Please keep queries related to genealogy. Questions relating to history or
        culture are fine if they are directly related to a genealogy question.

        HOW TO WRITE A SUCCESSFUL QUERY - The help you receive on any list is directly
        related to how well you communicate what you are looking for. Please see the
        section on Writing a Good Query on Helpful Hints for Successful Searching at
        http://community.webtv..net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints

        Please take a moment to write a message to the list, introduce yourself and
        tell us where you are searching.

        To unsubscribe from this list, go to the SLOVAK-ROOTS homepage at
        http://www.egroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS This menu will also let you change
        your subscription between digest and normal mode.

        Thanks and Happy Searching!

        Maura Petzolt
        SLOVAK-ROOTS listowner
        sabinov@...

      • annavanek@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2001
          Was he single when he arrived? If so, you can try marriage records, which generally give the names of the parents for both the bride and groom. Good Luck.