Re: Untitiled

  • icieyh@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
      Hi I'm from Bratislava (Slovakia) and one my friend is called
      Michaela Hudecova... her brother is Pavol Hudec and their parents...
      Pavol and .... well, I don't remember their mom's name, Hudec, so
      when I go to see her, I can ask...

      Icie

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Mary Hudec <hawaiihudec@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I've been researching my Slovak side and am stuck in
      > the 1820s or so. On one side I'm looking for Hudec.
      > Josef Hudec was born Oct 12,1849 son of Michal Hudec
      > and Josefina (Raucina) Hudec. He married Filomena
      > Matura born Feb 23 1861. She was the daughter of
      > Frantisek Matura and Josefina Matura. Relatives have
      > told me that they were from Bratislava.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Mary

    • John Venham
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
        Hello

        Can anyone recommend current newsgroups similar to the
        Slovak-Roots, but concerning the Czech Rep/Bohemia?

        Thanks

        JV

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Eric Haas
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
          Monday, June 04, 2001, 9:39:43 AM, you wrote:

          JV> Hello

          JV> Can anyone recommend current newsgroups similar to the
          JV> Slovak-Roots, but concerning the Czech Rep/Bohemia?

          Do you mean newsgroups or mailing lists? Roots Web has a mailing list
          specific to the Czech Republic and Bohemia. To subscribe, send an
          e-mail to CZECH-L-REQUEST@... (or
          CZECH-D-REQUEST@... for the digest mode) with just the word
          "subscribe" in the body.

          If you really wanted a newsgroup, not a mailing list, then
          soc.genealogy.slavic is as close as you are going to get.