Ignaz

  • tery@net-link.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2001
      I am trying to find out if the name Ignaz meant James. My grandfather
      was born in Gajary Slovakia, according to his obituary and he is
      listed as having resised i Madadaln, Hungary before he came to the
      United States. On the ship manifest it lists his ethnicity as
      Hungary, Slovak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Theresa (Nerad)
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2001
        At 03:55 PM 6/3/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >I am trying to find out if the name Ignaz meant James. My grandfather
        >was born in Gajary Slovakia, according to his obituary and he is
        >listed as having resised i Madadaln, Hungary before he came to the
        >United States. On the ship manifest it lists his ethnicity as
        >Hungary, Slovak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        >Theresa (Nerad)

        ENGLISH Czech. German Hungarian Polish Slovakian
        Ignace Ignac Ignaz Ignac Ignac Ignac

        James . . Imre Dymitry .
        ****
        John