  • Mary Hudec
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2001
      Hi Everyone,

      I've been researching my Slovak side and am stuck in
      the 1820s or so. On one side I'm looking for Hudec.
      Josef Hudec was born Oct 12,1849 son of Michal Hudec
      and Josefina (Raucina) Hudec. He married Filomena
      Matura born Feb 23 1861. She was the daughter of
      Frantisek Matura and Josefina Matura. Relatives have
      told me that they were from Bratislava.

      Thanks
      Mary

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • icieyh@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
        Hi I'm from Bratislava (Slovakia) and one my friend is called
        Michaela Hudecova... her brother is Pavol Hudec and their parents...
        Pavol and .... well, I don't remember their mom's name, Hudec, so
        when I go to see her, I can ask...

        Icie

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Mary Hudec <hawaiihudec@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I've been researching my Slovak side and am stuck in
        > the 1820s or so. On one side I'm looking for Hudec.
        > Josef Hudec was born Oct 12,1849 son of Michal Hudec
        > and Josefina (Raucina) Hudec. He married Filomena
        > Matura born Feb 23 1861. She was the daughter of
        > Frantisek Matura and Josefina Matura. Relatives have
        > told me that they were from Bratislava.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Mary

      • John Venham
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
          Hello

          Can anyone recommend current newsgroups similar to the
          Slovak-Roots, but concerning the Czech Rep/Bohemia?

          Thanks

          JV

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Eric Haas
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2001
            Monday, June 04, 2001, 9:39:43 AM, you wrote:

            JV> Hello

            JV> Can anyone recommend current newsgroups similar to the
            JV> Slovak-Roots, but concerning the Czech Rep/Bohemia?

            Do you mean newsgroups or mailing lists? Roots Web has a mailing list
            specific to the Czech Republic and Bohemia. To subscribe, send an
            e-mail to CZECH-L-REQUEST@... (or
            CZECH-D-REQUEST@... for the digest mode) with just the word
            "subscribe" in the body.

            If you really wanted a newsgroup, not a mailing list, then
            soc.genealogy.slavic is as close as you are going to get.