Baskovce Church Records

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 24, 2014

      RC records for Baskoivce are found at LDS under Ohradzany. Luckily, the online births include the relevant time frame (to 1907).

      Happy squinting.

      View Images — FamilySearch.org

    • kevinhoeg2003
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 24, 2014
        Thanks for advising!   I'm not too familiar with the county's and districts.   I will check those records.

        Thanks again!

        Kevin
      • kevinhoeg2003
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 25, 2014
          John, I found my wife's grandparents and 5 of their children.   Unfortunately birth records for 1907 stopped in Feb.  Her father was born October 1907.   The birth records found also had comments stating marriage and who they married...which confirmed what the family has and immigration records states.  Can you read Hungarian or Slovak.   I wanted to confirm a female name.  Per birth record the name looks like 'Enricheh'.  I can't seem to find a name that is similar.  Again it's the writing.   Hope someone can help.

          Thanks again....this is a great group.

          Kevin
        • randm1979
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 25, 2014
            Using my 100 word Hungarian vocabulary, I'd bet it's Erzsebet -- Hungarian for Elisabeth.
          • kevinhoeg2003
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 25, 2014
              I was thinking the same.   I'll send you the church record so that you can take a look.   Thanks Kev
            • johnqadam
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 25, 2014
                >>> I wanted to confirm a female name.  Per birth record the name looks like 'Enricheh'. <<<

                Copy and paste the URL for the church record.
              • kevinhoeg2003
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 25, 2014
                  Hi John and thank you!

                  Item #13 Janos Gavura and Enricheh ?? Cholp.    As well, would the last name be Holp.

                • johnqadam
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 25, 2014
                    Erzebeth = Elizabeth.

                    Yes to CHOLP surname.
                  • johnqadam
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 25, 2014
                      Instances of CHOLP in 1995
                      BAŠKOVCE okr. HUMENNÉ – 11×;
                      HUMENNÉ okr. HUMENNÉ – 7×;
                      SLOVENSKÁ VOLOVÁ okr. HUMENNÉ – 5×;
                      SNINA okr. HUMENNÉ (od  r. 1996 SNINA) – 3×;
                      ZÁPAD (obec KOŠICE),  okr. KOŠICE – 2×;
                      SEVER (obec KOŠICE),  okr. KOŠICE – 1×;
                    • kevinhoeg2003
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 26, 2014
                        Thank you John...for the stats.   Joseph (my father-in-law)...mentioned that his mother was Maria Holp.   However coming across the church records for Mihaly Gavura and Maria Cholp, and a 5 of their children with each spelling being 'Cholp'.   My wife wonder's if it's a silent 'C'.   When I found Joseph's older brother Andy's birth registration ... in the comments section the priest wrote Marriage to Susanna Holp.  I couldn't make out the date of marriage it could be March 30, 1921 - it is written as 1921 III / 30.   Below is the link to Andy's baptism.   When you have time take a look and see what you think the date of marriage to Susanna is.

                        Many thanks,
                        Kevin

                        Btw...my wife's grandmother always went by Baba. My wife's mother is still with us...at the age of 93 and to our children...she is known as Baba.

                      • johnqadam
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 26, 2014
                          I think that your date idea is correct.