Re: OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and KREPCIK my "new" family surnames:

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., pkrepcik@p... wrote:
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "RJMRAZIK" <RJMRAZIK@m...> wrote:

      > I've been trying to research the KREPCIK family and have been told
      by
      > our family that there is just the one blood line. I've found
      > KREPCIKS in Austria, Australia, Germany and the U.S. and have
      > information on quite a few of them but am having trouble finding
      > info. on ancestors beyond grandparents. I'm new to the Yahoo Groups
      > and geneology so ANY information you can give me concerning facts of
      > the KREPCIK family or how to go about locating more information
      would
      > be greatly appreciated. I found some info. thru the Ellis Island
      > passenger list but need to go back farther in time. Help!!

      You are correct that there is not much to go on.

      All 7 surname Krepcik listed in the Ellis Island database were from
      the same place in Czech-Bohemia, not from Slovakia.
      In Passenger Records letter S was often mistaken for letter L.

      Siegfeld (in German) was called Vite^zov in Czech and is located
      30 miles east of Prague (Praha) and 4 miles WNW of Kolín.
      Small settlement with no church.
      Nearest churches are located at Velim.

      The Czech telephone directory lists a Eva Krepciková under Praha.
      Krepciková is the feminine version of her family name Krepcik.

      Frank Kurcina
    • rpmrazik@msn.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2001
        Well, it is quite a surprise & pretty neat to see my posting
        OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and KREPCIK my "new" family surnames
        from several months ago on the list again! Please note this e-mail address
        for me (shown below) RJMRAZIK@... is no longer correct. It has been
        changed to rpmrazik@... or you can contact me at digngen@...
        I would be happy to share the information I have for these surnames! If you
        are interested contact me directly at rpmrazik@... or you can contact me
        at digngen@...
        I look forward to hearing from you
        Peggy Mrazik

        From: pkrepcik@...
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [S-R] Re: OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and KREPCIK my "new" family surnames:
        Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 14:40:33 -0000

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "RJMRAZIK" <RJMRAZIK@m...> wrote:
        Hello,
        I recently made contact with a distant cousin who provided some additional
        direct line family surnames of our JURACSICS Family. Our research so far, of
        our JURACSICS surname, seems to come from Mast, Slovakia.
        I thought I'd post these "new" surnames OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and KREPCIK to
        the list and see if anyone else is researching these surnames.
        Peggy Mrazik