Budapest districts

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 8:27 PM
      Can someone lend assistance with this situation?

      The civil registration records for Budapest filmed by the LDS are done
      by district, and I don't know what district the area I am interested in
      is..... can't find a map of districts anywhere that I have looked.

      Also, I don't have a street address -but- I do know my gr/uncle Aladar
      Silhavy was head postmaster of Budapest c. 1930-40, so whereever the
      main post office is located in the city is where the family would likely
      live by.
      The only other info I have is addresses of 3 cousins (who don't speak
      English and who I have been unsuccessful so far in contacting) whose
      addresses are

      Daniel Silhavy
      1106 Budapest Rakasz utca 12

      Marceli Silhavy
      1122 Budapest
      Varosmajor utca 50

      Dr. Mihaly Silhavy
      1125 Budapest
      Diosarok ut 32/b

      But there's no guarantee where these people live now is where the family
      lived c. 1930-40

      Any assistance in finding the correct district in order to look at civil
      registration and possibly figure out which Roman Catholic church was
      nearest the main post office would be appreciated. Please reply
      privately.

      Maura

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage