seeking Marriage Record research advice

  • Nancy Gibbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2014
      I am looking for the marriage record of my great grandparents.  Great grandfather, Joannes TUTEJ was born 23 March 1837 and I found this record in Narsany, Sabinov.  Great grandmother, Anna KUCHAR was born 30 July 1839 and I found this record in Hermanovce, Sabinov.  According to the census records, their first child was born in 1860.  My question is:  where do you think would have been married?  Thank you.
         Nancy
    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2014
        Nancy,
            Narsany is now known as Raznany. It is located about 5 miles from Hermanovce. Hermanovce has a Roman Catholic church. Weddings traditionally took place in the bride’s village.

           https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11564-40863-27?cc=1554443&wc=MPFH-T3N:107654301,107702901,157904201,950142201 This a link to the marriage records in Hermanovce that covers the time period that suits your search.

        Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 8:30 AM
        Subject: [S-R] seeking Marriage Record research advice

        I am looking for the marriage record of my great grandparents.  Great grandfather, Joannes TUTEJ was born 23 March 1837 and I found this record in Narsany, Sabinov.  Great grandmother, Anna KUCHAR was born 30 July 1839 and I found this record in Hermanovce, Sabinov.  According to the census records, their first child was born in 1860.  My question is:  where do you think would have been married?  Thank you.vc
           Nancy
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2014
          The digital "film" referred to in the earlier reply has 665 pages.  To help with researching that film / file, here is a list of the contents. You will need to add the relevant page numbers as you do your work. Based upon the info that you have, the marriage would be about 1859.

          Inv. č. 974

          Krsty 1780-1852 –

          Birmovaní 1857 –

          Birmovaní 1865 –

          Birmovaní 1851 –

          Birmovaní 1853 –

          Manželstvá 1781-1852 –

          Úmrtia 1781-1852 –

          Konvertiti 1785-1853 (niektoré z rokov chýbaju)—

          Manželstvá (Miešané) 1793 –

          Inv. č. 975

          Krsty 1853-1856 -

          Inv. č. 975 (pokrač.)

          Krsty 1856-1877 –

          Manželstvá 1853-1879 – about page 292

          Úmrtia 1853-1877 –

          Birmovaní 1873 –

          Na voľnom liste zoznam domácností 1860 –

          Inv. č. 976

          Krsty 1878-1888 -

          Inv. č. 976 (pokrač.)

          Krsty 1888-1895 –

          Úmrtia 1878-1895 –

          Manželstvá -- 1880-1895 –

          Inv. č. 977

          Druhopisy krstov, manželstvá, úmrtí 1861 –

          Krsty, manželstvá, úmrtia 1866-1868 –

          Krsty, manželstvá, úmrtia 1875-1895 -

          One would expect to find the marriage record about page 292+. It's not there. Wrong religion?