Miklos/Danko

  • lemiklos
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2014

      I am interested in tracing my family tree.  My father's parents were Stefan Miklos, Jan 7, 1894 - July 6, 1979 and Maria Danko, April 1, 1898 - November 23, 1982.  They emigrated from Ceklov, Czechoslovakia (Csáklyó, Slovakia) to the United States.  Stefan emigrated in 1921; Maria Danko Miklos in 1925.  My father, John Miklos, was born May 17, 1921 in Ceklov, Czechoslovakia, and emigrated with his mother in 1925.

    • genmom4
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2014
        Subject: Re: Miklos/Danko
        You don't mention what religion your family is.

        Roman Catholic records for this village are in Sol'  and can be found online at the familysearch.org site

        Click on the link for continental Europe. Then Slovakia records.  Browse through records.
        Slovakai Church and Synagogue Books, Roman Catholic, Velky Berezny, Sol'

        Greek Catholic Records can be found online at this thread:
        Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, Greek Catholic, Vranov and Topfou, Rudlov

        That should at least get you started.

        Barbara
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2014
          You may find a good deal of early family history in the 1869 Hungarian Census for Caklov. Sadly, Zemplen Megye = county census films are only available on film due to digital listing errors at LDS.

          Csáklyó (Čaklov) -- Cselej (Čelovce) -- Csernahó (Černochov) -- Csernina (Černina) Film #722684

          Order the film online for research at your nearest LDS Family History Center.

        • htcstech
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2014
            If you haven't already, then get in contact with them asap. The generation that would remember your father may still be alive and they can help enormously.

            Peter M