Re: Czech republic locator

  • gjlazar@telerama.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., rstephansjr@e... wrote:
      > How do I try to locate a phone number and/or address for someone in
      > the Czech republic....looking for my cousin. Thanks.
      >
      > Ron

      http://home.nextra.sk/drnagy/Support/phone2.html
    • John Venham
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
        Go to this link. It's the phone directory (telefoni
        seznam) homepage for Cesky telecom.

        http://www.iol.cz/TLF/

        1) Fill in info in the first "Bytove stanice" box.

        2) Prijmeni is 'surname'
        Jmeno is first name
        Mesto/obec is the city name

        This is all you need to do a search. Czech addresses
        are sort of strange, so I don't recommend entering
        info if you don't know it exactly. You may miss the
        person you're seeking.

        3) Uncheck the 'diakritika' box

        4) Click on vyhledat to start the search.

        Be aware, many many towns and homes still do not have
        telephones, so if the person doesn't show up, it
        doesn't mean they don't exist!

        Good Luck

        John

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/