Czech republic locator

  • rstephansjr@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2001
      How do I try to locate a phone number and/or address for someone in
      the Czech republic....looking for my cousin. Thanks.

      Ron
    • gjlazar@telerama.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., rstephansjr@e... wrote:
        > How do I try to locate a phone number and/or address for someone in
        > the Czech republic....looking for my cousin. Thanks.
        >
        > Ron

        http://home.nextra.sk/drnagy/Support/phone2.html
      • John Venham
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2001
          Go to this link. It's the phone directory (telefoni
          seznam) homepage for Cesky telecom.

          http://www.iol.cz/TLF/

          1) Fill in info in the first "Bytove stanice" box.

          2) Prijmeni is 'surname'
          Jmeno is first name
          Mesto/obec is the city name

          This is all you need to do a search. Czech addresses
          are sort of strange, so I don't recommend entering
          info if you don't know it exactly. You may miss the
          person you're seeking.

          3) Uncheck the 'diakritika' box

          4) Click on vyhledat to start the search.

          Be aware, many many towns and homes still do not have
          telephones, so if the person doesn't show up, it
          doesn't mean they don't exist!

          Good Luck

          John

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/