Modra and Orgon

  • ycrtmr
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2014
      I would be grateful for two pieces of information from those of us who speak Slovak:

      1. What is the meaning of the word "Modra," as in the Modra creek that flows through the town of Modra.

      2. Is there a Slovak word similar to Orgon, as in the family names Orgon, Orgonnik, Organik, Orgonas, and what would it mean in English?

      Thanks,

      Thomas
    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2014
        My Slovak dictionary says modra is the word for blue. Orgovan / lilac is the only word close to Orgon.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2014
          Thanks! At least one word explained.

          Thomas