Re: [unsubscribing

  • MKY22@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2001
      Want to unsubscribe. Pls tell me how.
    • Dr. Joe Quashnock
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2001
        Dear MKY22@...,

        You should have received the following information when you joined:

        ---------------------------

        Hello and Welcome to SLOVAK-ROOTS mail list!

        This list is for genealogy queries on ancestors who came from the former
        Austria-Hungary, which
        are generally the modern day countries of Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovak
        Republic. Queries
        on locating information in the "old country" as well as locating information
        where your
        ancestors settled are welcomed on this list.

        The rules of this list are simple...

        1. No flames (rude or abusive postings to other listmembers), and do not post
        off-topic emails
        (which include chain letters, virus warnings, jokes, spam etc.)

        2. Please do not forward emails from this list to other lists, whether on the
        onelist server or
        other servers, and do not forward emails from other servers to this list.
        Both are considered
        copyright violations. The only exception of course is if you are the original
        writer of the
        email, then you can send it wherever you'd like!

        3. Please keep queries related to genealogy. Questions relating to history or
        culture are fine
        if they are directly related to a genealogy question.

        HOW TO WRITE A SUCCESSFUL QUERY - The help you receive on any list is
        directly related to how
        well you communicate what you are looking for. Please see the section on
        Writing a Good Query
        on Helpful Hints for Successful Searching at
        http://community.webtv..net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints

        Please take a moment to write a message to the list, introduce yourself and
        tell us where you
        are searching.

        To unsubscribe from this list, go to the SLOVAK-ROOTS homepage at
        http://www.egroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS This menu will also let you change
        your subscription
        between digest and normal mode.

        Thanks and Happy Searching!