Daniels/Futej

  • Hrtswhspr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2001
      Am seeking info on John DANIELS b. approx 1875 in Slovak. We believe that he
      came to the states approx 1900. We are not sure if he met Barbara FUTEJ
      (born in Slovak approx 1877) on the trip over here or in NY/NJ. Their first
      born son is John Daniels born in New York approx 1902. (He is listed in the
      1920 census as being 18). I have some info on the younger children.... but
      have been unable to find anything on the older ones. Both Barbara and John
      are buried in Milford, CT.

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2001
        At 07:30 PM 5/22/01 -0400, you wrote:
        >Am seeking info on John DANIELS b. approx 1875 in Slovak. We believe that he
        >came to the states approx 1900. We are not sure if he met Barbara FUTEJ
        >(born in Slovak approx 1877) on the trip over here or in NY/NJ. Their first
        >born son is John Daniels born in New York approx 1902. (He is listed in the
        >1920 census as being 18). I have some info on the younger children.... but
        >have been unable to find anything on the older ones. Both Barbara and John
        >are buried in Milford, CT.

        Have you tried the EI database? http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/default.asp

        John

      • Hrtswhspr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2001
          yes I have ..... have not located exact match yet....... close ones for FUTEJ
          but none for John DANIELS..... but am working on that.

        • John
          Message 4 of 4 , May 23, 2001
            At 11:53 AM 5/23/01 -0400, you wrote:
            >yes I have ..... have not located exact match yet....... close ones for FUTEJ
            >but none for John DANIELS..... but am working on that.

            Any luck with US church, naturalization, NARA, etc. records? Because of
            the large number of Daniels, I tried changing ethnicity to Magyar. That
            was a couple of days ago. As I recall it kicked up about 3 names. None of
            them seemed to fit your needs but home village and destination, if
            available, might be useful to tie into Futej or as a possible home
            village. Too bad it isn't just Tej. I have several in my tree who are
            from NE Slovakia. Have you tried the online Slovak directory? I found a
            couple of Futej in Bratislava and a Futejova in Velky Saris. I found a
            Danielsz and a Daniel-Szabo in Kosice and various other spellings in
            Bratislava. All you need is the first 3 letters of the surname and first
            three of a town to do the searching. There seemed to be a lot of Daniel in
            the towns. You can reduce the number of returns by using Danie but still
            get close matches. I wonder if the name wasn't Danielsz, which may be a
            version of Daniel-Szabo. Good luck.

            John