Desipher a record

  • Robert Pollak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2014
      I am tracing the Czintl family and it seems that they just appeared in Slovakia in the 1850's out of nowhere.  I find births  and a few marriages after 1850 but no births or marriages before that.  I finally found a marriage record which may shed some light on where they originated.  The record is at the following link:

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22649-1461-81?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-6WK:1906989890

      The data in the Location column looks like they may have come from Bohemia.  Can someone decipher the data in that column?  If the Mohovicze is a town in Bohemia, what would it's present name be?

      Thanks in advance

      Bob Pollak
    • curtbocha
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2014

        The data in the Location column looks like they may have come from Bohemia. Can someone decipher the data in that column? If the Mohovicze is a town in Bohemia, what would it's present name be?

        Bob,

        The writer is trying to render in Czech and Latin the present day town of Mnichovice.  There is an article about the town in Czech wikipedia.  Use any online translator like Bing or Google to give a reasonable translation.

        Curt B.

      • William C. Wormuth