[S-R] Re: Surname Seykota

  • jesenka01@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2001
      Thanks for all your help! Is there a way to find out what Rudoph and
      Aniela Seykota's children's names were or what family Aniela married
      into? Neither of them seem to be listed in the death index, probably
      because they didn't have social security numbers.

      I have seen my name spelled Sekota, which could be a closer match
      than Sykora. It could have started out as Sejko which shows up in
      Albanian databases.

      Thanks for taking the time to research this for me. I really
      appreciate it.
      Jes

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., John <jmatsko@p...> wrote:
      > At 10:20 AM 5/16/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >
      > I didn't see any mention of a US white page search in your post
      but, to add
      > to Frank's substantial effort, a Switchboard search of the white
      pages
      > located 5 Seykota and 3 Seykota-Smith across the US. A form letter
      and
      > self addressed stamped envelopes might bring you some additional
      information.

      > John
      >

      > >Don't know your surnames.
      > >
      > >The U.S. Social Security Death Index lists only 2 surname Seykota.
      > >Edward (1917-1982)
      > >Hilda (1913-1996)
      > >

      > >http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyfulton/Military/Seykota.html
      > >
      > >For example, the Czech Republic telephone directory lists 200+
      surname
      > >Sykora under Praha , but no surname Seykota.
      > >
      > >To make it more interesting 2 surname Seykota emigrated to the U.S.
      > >according to Ellis Island Passenger Lists.
      > >
      > >A Rudolph Seykota , age 30, arrived in September 1914 from
      Liverpool,

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • frankur@att.net
      Message 2 of 7 , May 16, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., jesenka01@y... wrote:
        > Thanks for all your help! Is there a way to find out what Rudoph and
        > Aniela Seykota's children's names were or what family Aniela married
        > into? Neither of them seem to be listed in the death index, probably
        > because they didn't have social security numbers.
        >
        > I have seen my name spelled Sekota, which could be a closer match
        > than Sykora. It could have started out as Sejko which shows up in
        > Albanian databases.
        >
        > Thanks for taking the time to research this for me. I really
        > appreciate it.
        > Jes

        Rudolph's (b. 1884) and Aniela's (b. 1874) ethnicity is not
        clear.
        There residences in general were listed, not their birth places.
        After locating their birth places ? would be necessary to research
        if possible records exist for them.

        Social Security Death Index began in 1937.

        Note Sekota entry under Bohemian Relatives below.

        http://genconnect.rootsweb.com/gc/CzechRepublic/Stredocesky/10055

        Czech-Bohemia (including Moravia 1849-1918) was a kingdom
        (10th century-1918) and part of the Österreichisch-ungarische
        Monarchie (1867-1918.
        It was an Austrian Kröneland.
        Both German and Czech languages were used.

        Mähren => Maehren => Marin => Moravia.
        Mähren was an Austrian

        Crownland located East of Böhmen (Bohemia).
        Its capital was Brünn (Brno).
        Mähren had been a separate crownland until 1849 when it became a part
        of Böhmen (Bohemia) together with Österreichisch-Schleisen
        (Austrian-Silesia).