Re: [S-R] Re: Surname Seykota

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2001
      At 10:20 AM 5/16/01 +0000, you wrote:

      I didn't see any mention of a US white page search in your post but, to add
      to Frank's substantial effort, a Switchboard search of the white pages
      located 5 Seykota and 3 Seykota-Smith across the US. A form letter and
      self addressed stamped envelopes might bring you some additional information.

      John

    • jesenka01@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 16, 2001
        Thanks for all your help! Is there a way to find out what Rudoph and
        Aniela Seykota's children's names were or what family Aniela married
        into? Neither of them seem to be listed in the death index, probably
        because they didn't have social security numbers.

        I have seen my name spelled Sekota, which could be a closer match
        than Sykora. It could have started out as Sejko which shows up in
        Albanian databases.

        Thanks for taking the time to research this for me. I really
        appreciate it.
        Jes

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • frankur@att.net
        Message 3 of 7 , May 16, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., jesenka01@y... wrote:
          > Thanks for all your help! Is there a way to find out what Rudoph and
          > Aniela Seykota's children's names were or what family Aniela married
          > into? Neither of them seem to be listed in the death index, probably
          > because they didn't have social security numbers.
          >
          > I have seen my name spelled Sekota, which could be a closer match
          > than Sykora. It could have started out as Sejko which shows up in
          > Albanian databases.
          >
          > Thanks for taking the time to research this for me. I really
          > appreciate it.
          > Jes

          Rudolph's (b. 1884) and Aniela's (b. 1874) ethnicity is not
          clear.
          There residences in general were listed, not their birth places.
          After locating their birth places ? would be necessary to research
          if possible records exist for them.

          Social Security Death Index began in 1937.

          Note Sekota entry under Bohemian Relatives below.

          http://genconnect.rootsweb.com/gc/CzechRepublic/Stredocesky/10055

          Czech-Bohemia (including Moravia 1849-1918) was a kingdom
          (10th century-1918) and part of the Österreichisch-ungarische
          Monarchie (1867-1918.
          It was an Austrian Kröneland.
          Both German and Czech languages were used.

          Mähren => Maehren => Marin => Moravia.
          Mähren was an Austrian

          Crownland located East of Böhmen (Bohemia).
          Its capital was Brünn (Brno).
          Mähren had been a separate crownland until 1849 when it became a part
          of Böhmen (Bohemia) together with Österreichisch-Schleisen
          (Austrian-Silesia).