Help in search for Jan and Anna Sekac info

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2013
      This is all the info I have.  I searched Stvrtok near Moravske Lieskove and the Moravian Slovak Border but the church records are not up to date.  I'd be happy for any help.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      Grandpa came over in Dec. 1928
      Aunt Annie came in Sept 1924

      Their parents names were Anna Stas & John Secka (John died  in 1915 in Stvrtok, Hungary, which is where he was born.) And they had come over here in 1901
    • mlaspj
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2013
        Vilo,
        My Sekac grandparents came here in 1903 and 1912, from Turzovka.  (near the Moravian border).  That area of NW Slovakia had many Sekac families at the time.  Some of the church records are online at www.familysearch.org.
        Marny

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2013
          Marny,
          Thanks a lot for your attention.  I use this site for all my searches.  I have had no success in the search, (Anna and John) but continue through surrounding villages.
          Vili