Re: [S-R] Stirmer or Weber

  • PRabich@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2001
      Hi Bill,

      I'm not researching the name of Weber, but a second cousin is. Her Weber is
      from Slovakia.

      Interested?

      Pat Rabich aka Rebic(k) Benetis
    • Bill Kroll
      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2001
        Sorry, I haven't found any Weber connection in my research.

      • frankur@att.net
        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., PRabich@a... wrote:
          > Hi Bill,
          >
          > I'm not researching the name of Weber, but a second cousin is. Her
          Weber is
          > from Slovakia.
          >
          > Interested?
          >
          > Pat Rabich aka Rebic(k) Benetis

          Don't know the surname Weber.
          Your cousin has a formidable research task ahead, unless knows
          surname village/town of origin in Slovakia.

          1) Weber is a German occupational surname meaning 'weaver'.
          2) Surname Weber has not appeared in any recent Slovakia Census.
          3) Probably 75,000-100,000 + surname Weber bearers just in the U.S.
          4) If surname religion was Jewish, such records ended in Slovakia in
          1941.
          Frank Kurcina