Re: [S-R] Need help finding a village of origin

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2001
      At 11:57 PM 5/6/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >able to send me in the right direction :-)Her name was Anna Dankulich
      >(Dankulic would be the Slovak spelling)She married my greatgrandfather
      >Juraj Rosko and they lived in the village of Husak in the early 1900s.
      >Husak is near the Ukraine border.I have search in Slovakia for this
      >surname with no luck-----I'm wondering if perhaps I should search one
      >of the neighboring countries ?

      This is the closest I could come after checking several towns using Dan.

      Alexandra Dankulincová
      Turgenevova 6, Košice
      095/6787454

      There are a lot of Danko and other names beginning with Dan. You might try
      more towns in the area of the village. I found 31 Ros^ko in Kosice and I'm
      sure you'll find many all over eastern Slovakia.

      Janko