Re: [S-R] Re: Podhorie

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2001
      How about getting on the internet phone book for Slovakia and locating the
      code for the different Podhories. Then so a search for ALL imaginable
      variations of your family name and see which Podhories come up with the most
      'hits'. That should narrow down your search.

      http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.html

      Others can give you instructions on how to use it.

      Good luck!

      Ron
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2001
        At 01:27 AM 5/9/01 -0400, you wrote:

        >I have no information. I have been looking for my Grandfather for many
        >years, with no more information then that he came from Czech., and had it not
        >been for Ellis Island web site opening up, I would not even have the name
        >Podhorie. It was spelled Podhorfe on the Ellis Island site. I was able to

        Linda,

        As Ron said, the normal procedure is to check the phone book for town to
        see if you can find the name. You only need 3 letters of the city to
        search. As a result, this query covered all the Podhorie. This is the
        only Fratrik that showed up under a search of Pod.

        Vincent Frátrik
        5, Podhorie pri Z^iline
        089/5970237

        I think the "pri Z^iline" means the Podhorie near Z^ilina. It is near
        Z^ilina. When I checked for the name in Zilina, I found 33 Fratik
        listed. Good luck.

        Janko

        Janko

      • Michael Zuchick
        Message 3 of 4 , May 10, 2001
          Phone book? Phone Book? Is their a Slavokian Phonebook
          on line?

          Mike Zuchick

          http://auctions.yahoo.com/