Re: [S-R] Need help finding a village of origin

  • Dr. Joe Quashnock
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2001
      Husák (Husa’k) is 2 km west of the Ukraine border. The nearest “large” Slovak town is Krčava (Krc^ava), 3 km south southwest of it. The dominating
      city is Užhorod (Uz^horod)in the Ukraine about 5 km south of Husák. What do you mean that you have searched for the surmane but have not had any
      luck? What have you done so far?

      It could possibly be Hušek (Hus^ek) which is Czech border 2 km east of Rohožnik (Rohoz^nik), 24 km north east of Stupava, and 40 km north of
      Bratislava?

      Dr. "Q"

      foomiester@... wrote:

      > Hi everyone, I'm a new member of the group and hope I will be able to
      > help someone here at one point or another.I have had some great sucess
      > in finding many of my family members in the Czech & Slovak
      > Republics,but I have not been able to locate any info on my
      > greatgrandmother's family. I am hoping someone on this list may be
      > able to send me in the right direction :-)Her name was Anna Dankulich
      > (Dankulic would be the Slovak spelling)She married my greatgrandfather
      > Juraj Rosko and they lived in the village of Husak in the early 1900s.
      > Husak is near the Ukraine border.I have search in Slovakia for this
      > surname with no luck-----I'm wondering if perhaps I should search one
      > of the neighboring countries ?
      > Thanks,
      > Doreen
    • Jozef Taran
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2001
        Hello Doreen,
        think about Ukrainian genealogical mailing lists. The directions for
        me are: the surname Dankulich and the first and last name of your
        ggf. You can find some info on infoukes site.
        Regards from Poland
        Józef Taran
        taran@...
        taranj@...
        > Hi everyone, I'm a new member of the group and hope I will be able
        > help someone here at one point or another.I have had some great
        sucess
        > in finding many of my family members in the Czech & Slovak
        > Republics,but I have not been able to locate any info on my
        > greatgrandmother's family. I am hoping someone on this list may be
        > able to send me in the right direction :-)Her name was Anna
        Dankulich
        > (Dankulic would be the Slovak spelling)She married my
        greatgrandfather
        > Juraj Rosko and they lived in the village of Husak in the early
        1900s.
        > Husak is near the Ukraine border.I have search in Slovakia for
        this
        > surname with no luck-----I'm wondering if perhaps I should search
        one
        > of the neighboring countries ?
        > Thanks,
        > Doreen

        > for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/FCJVlB/TM
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • John
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2001
          At 11:57 PM 5/6/01 +0000, you wrote:
          >able to send me in the right direction :-)Her name was Anna Dankulich
          >(Dankulic would be the Slovak spelling)She married my greatgrandfather
          >Juraj Rosko and they lived in the village of Husak in the early 1900s.
          >Husak is near the Ukraine border.I have search in Slovakia for this
          >surname with no luck-----I'm wondering if perhaps I should search one
          >of the neighboring countries ?

          This is the closest I could come after checking several towns using Dan.

          Alexandra Dankulincová
          Turgenevova 6, Košice
          095/6787454

          There are a lot of Danko and other names beginning with Dan. You might try
          more towns in the area of the village. I found 31 Ros^ko in Kosice and I'm
          sure you'll find many all over eastern Slovakia.

          Janko