Re: [S-R] Re: Podhorfe

  • Fred Corbett
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2001
      I logged onto the search site, Google, and did a search on "Podhorie" and I
      came up with about 207 hits. Try Google. It's easy to use.

      Fred

    • BobHORGOS@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2001
        If you take your Browser to: www.tourist-channel.sk/sdruzenia/indexen.php3
        and look down the list you will find that there is a "Mikroregion Podhorie."
        And when you go there you will get the following information (And there is a
        map that shows the location of Mikroregion Podhorie):

        MIKROREGION PODHORIE

        " SUN, AIR AND CLEAR WATER, SO ENJOY TIME SPENT IN PODHORIE."

        Microregion with its area of 94.5km2 is situated to the north of district
        town Bánovce nad Bebravou (Bánovce upon Bebrava), at the upper flow of the
        Bebrava river.
        Podhorie consists of eight villages: Cˇierna Lehota, Krásna Ves, Podluzˇany,
        Slatina nad Bebravou, Slatinka nad Bebravou, Sˇípkov, Timoradza and
        Trebichava.

        They are 220km away from the Vienna airport and 165km from the Bratislava
        airport. You can take advantage of a very good access from Bratislava to
        Bánovce nad Bebravou (150km by highway and first class drive-way) and from
        this place 10-25km to the villages.

        In Podhorie there are waiting for you many beautiful natural sceneries, clean
        atmosphere and water, deep forests, unique plants, animals and natural
        phenomena with unique opportunities to go walking, riding your bicycles and
        in winter-time to go skiing.
        You are welcome by hospitable citizens of Podhorie who will offer you
        accomodation, delicious regional dishes and other services. Podhorie will
        offer in addition to this many rich cultural experiences - towns Trencˇín,
        Topolˇcˇany, spa town Trencˇianske Teplice, Bojnice, Piesˇtˇany are
        situated 10-90km far away from Podhorie.
        The biggest wealth of Podhorie is nature - kinds of plants and animals
        typical for this area have been drawn attention of naturalists within living
        memory. Nowadays there are 15 natural reservations. Underground waters which
        are gathered in limestones and dolomites of the Slatinsk‡ carst are very
        important and are source of drinking water.
      • Linmarie720@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2001
          Ok, Well if there are 6 different Podhorie in Slovakia, where do I start???
          Help Please!!!!
          Linda

        • BobHORGOS@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 8, 2001
            In a message dated 5/8/01 10:43:57 PM, Linmarie720@... writes:

            << Ok, Well if there are 6 different Podhorie in Slovakia, where do I start???
            Help Please!!!! >>

            Linda: Podhorie, with its 6 different Podhorie is apparently known as
            Mikroregion Podhorie. Check out the following: