thank you for assistance - Re: [S-R] freedom soldier in 1869, and assistance with translation

  • Christine Merseal
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 7, 2013
      Carl and others,

      Thank you so much for the translation and additional information.

      I have seen the “Guide for Locating Military Records for the Various Regions of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.” For a year now, I have been wanting to read and digest the articles online. Time is always an issue. However, I need to make the time.

      What resources are you referring too on the subject of IR 67 and their battles?

      Thanks again for all your help.

      Christine Merseal, CG
      St. Louis, Mo

      Certified Genealogist and CG are proprietary service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogist® used by the Board to identify its program of genealogical competency evaluation and used under license by the Boards associates.

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7, 2013

        Carl - I am so happy to see your post.  I have been meaning to get further clarification on a new record I found for my ancestor that had to do with military.  I have not had any experience with military records and was about to ask for help.

        The marriage record I have says Joannes Kochan/Birossak, miles in licentia de C. R. Legione 10th 67 Ritter von Schmerling.   (the part that says 10th may be 100 or 1000, but looks like a 10 and then a superscripted text that is underlined)

        Can you tell me what you can gather from this and then point me in the direction of where I might be able to find further info (i.e. personnel records)?  Thank you !!

        Julie