Carpathian Reflections Update

  • kika3_au
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2013

      The Carpathian Reflections website www.carpathianreflections.com has been updated with the addition of the following:

      -The moderator of the Mihalovce yahoo forum has kindly allowed me to post some material (Hamburg passenger lists, marriage data, lists of furriers and bootmakers) from the forum files. (Localities page)

      -Data available for Name Changes occurring in 1900 has been transcribed to a database and posted in the Subdatabases section.

      -Data from Film 2410444 has been listed in the Main database.  Item 1 contains Death records from Uzhorod (1937) and the names have been transcribed to a database.  Items 2-9 contain voter lists for Uzhorod for 1938.  Copies of this material have been placed in the Subdatabases section.  These voter lists contain about 5000 names.

      -Links and Language page have been updated.

      Catherine

      www.carpathianreflections.com

    • Paul Sabol
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 26, 2013
        In the 1910 census, my g-grandfather Andrew Sabol has a status of PA under the "Naturalized or Alien" category.  From what I can find this means his initial papers were filed.

        Where would someone living in Yonkers in 1910 have filed such papers, and where can I go to request a copy of them if they exist?

        Regards,

        Paul G. Sabol

        "Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back." - Al Swearingen

      • elaine mc141
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 26, 2013
        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 26, 2013
            Scroll down for the meaning if Pa

            On Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:33 PM, elaine mc141 <elainep141@...> wrote:

            Here is a link:
            http://www.westchestergov.com/recordcenter/Naturalizations.asp?pageNum=S

            Sent from my iPhone

          • Paul Sabol
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 26, 2013
              Would "Pa" imply a declaration or a petition?

              Delivered by NSA spying program.

              On Dec 26, 2013, at 5:28 PM, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:

              Scroll down for the meaning if Pa

            • ssultonia
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 26, 2013

                Delivered by NSA spying program.

                What an asinine comment!

              • William C. Wormuth
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 26, 2013
                  https://familysearch.org/node/996

                  On Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:57 PM, "wsmorey@..." <wsmorey@...> wrote:

                  Delivered by NSA spying program.

                  What an asinine comment!

                • David Hanak
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 9, 2014

                    Peter,
                     Thank you for recognizing my work as well.  I have been working on my tree for more than 2 years.  My uncle and cousin had done much work before and I work with my cousin now to do the research.   I draw information from several sources.  Some are free and some I must pay for.  Ancestry.com is a paid service that I use and it is where I keep my family tree.  It has several databases as part of the price.  There are several that you can access for free to find information:
                     Olsavica church records - The Church of Later Day Saints (Mormons) have these on film and is where I saw them.  I live in Phoenix, Arizona where there are many Mormons and they have a large library where I can go to do research.  I am not a Mormon, but they allow the public free access.

                    General Information - http://www.familyserch.org is the Mormon website that has many databases for free.  Also, http://www.genealogyintime.com/GenealogyResources/Tools/free_genealogy_search_engine.html is free.  It gives links to both free and pay website information.  These sites may only be available in English, so you may have some difficulty in translating them.

                    There is a user group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/  People on this site are mostly USA citizens whose ancestors came from the old Czechoslovakia and are doing genealogy research.  You must join to participate.  Maybe there is a similar user group in Slovakia for people like you who are trying to find info on relatives who came to USA?

                    Immigration Records - You can see the passenger lists of those who came to America.  For those who come through New York City, www.ellisisland.org you can search for free.   Know that not all immigrants came through New York, many came through the cities of Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore, New Orleans, Houston and through Canada.

                    United States Federal Census Records - The US government does this every ten years and the records are available from 1820 to 1940, except 1890.  The 1890 records were destroyed in a fire.  I access them through ancestry.com, but you can access them through familysearch.org for free.  Maybe Geni.com allows you to search these data bases.  A large library or LDS family center may have access where you live.
                     Obituary Search - I access these databases through ancestry.com, maybe Geni would have USA records.

                    Social Security Death Records - A social security number is issued to people by the government as a way to identify people, tax, and track benefits for old age.  The records are available at this website after a person dies: http://sortedbyname.com/ . Information here includes date of birth, date of death and tells you in what State the social security number was issued.  You will see the number with "(indicating Pennsylvania)" or "(indicating Illinois)",  This is a good indication of where the person lived.  You can see the Tremko name here: http://sortedbyname.com/pages/t105913.html

                    I went to the site and copied the Tremkos.  the database also has marriage and divorce records for a few states such as Texas and West Virginia:

                    TREMKO, AGNES was born 20 April 1905, received Social Security number 193-26-6949 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died April 1986   3,677,943
                    Here’s why you should check the source file (free),

                    TREMKO, ALBERT J who was 23 (born ABT 1975) married 21 MAR 1998 in DENTON COUNTY, TEXAS, U.S.A. a bride named SONYA D BRINK who was 24 (born ABT 1974).  .

                    TREMKO, ALBERT J, born ABT 1975, and his bride SONYA D, born ABT 1975, married 21 MAR 1998, and they had one child under 18 when they got divorced in COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS, U.S.A. on 19 APR 2002

                    TREMKO, ALICE was born 10 January 1913, received Social Security number 297-10-3525 (indicating Ohio) and, Death Master File says, died May 1986

                    TREMKO, ANDREW was born 02 November 1919, received Social Security number 179-16-1570 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died January 1972

                    TREMKO, ANDREW was born 17 July 1931, received Social Security number 145-22-5398 (indicating New Jersey) and, Death Master File says, died 22 March 2001

                    TREMKO, ANNA was born 12 December 1911, received Social Security number 040-26-9031 (indicating Connecticut) and, Death Master File says, died January 1982

                    TREMKO, ANNA was born 24 December 1899, received Social Security number 340-40-0050 (indicating Illinois) and, Death Master File says, died November 1978

                    TREMKO, ANNA was born 26 May 1904, received Social Security number 041-07-7881 (indicating Connecticut) and, Death Master File says, died March 1970

                    TREMKO, ANNA M. was born 29 May 1925, received Social Security number 397-20-7318 (indicating Wisconsin) and, Death Master File says, died 15 September

                    TREMKO, ANNE M who was 39 (born ABT 1967) married 2 DEC 2006 in TRAVIS COUNTY, TEXAS, U.S.A. a groom named JEFF C WOODLEY who was 35 (born ABT 1971).

                    TREMKO, EDWARD J. was born 06 January 1919, received Social Security number 335-16-6770 (indicating Illinois) and, Death Master File says, died 31 December 1988

                    TREMKO, ELIZABETH was born 16 January 1901, received Social Security number 207-05-1637 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died 10 September 1989

                    TREMKO, ELIZABETH was born 17 November 1906, received Social Security number 165-18-4636 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died February

                    TREMKO, FRANCES was born 20 June 1911, received Social Security number 047-24-9426 (indicating Connecticut) and, Death Master File says, died 22 March 1996

                    TREMKO, GABRIELLE R. was born 01 March 1903, received Social Security number 049-30-3307 (indicating Connecticut) and, Death Master File says, died 17 July 1995

                    TREMKO, GEORGE was born 10 April 1912, received Social Security number 088-03-6692 (indicating New York) and, Death Master File says, died 21 May 1996

                    TREMKO, GEORGE was born 22 April 1907, received Social Security number 042-14-1282 (indicating Connecticut) and, Death Master File says, died December

                    TREMKO, GEORGE was born 28 March 1923, received Social Security number 188-16-4132 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died September

                    TREMKO, GRACE J. was born 18 March 1922, received Social Security number 356-07-9681 (indicating Illinois) and, Death Master File says, died 23 May 2004

                    TREMKO, HEATHER L who was 25 (born ABT 1979) married 1 MAY 2004 in BURNET COUNTY, TEXAS, U.S.A. a groom named SCOTTY W COWAN who was 33 (born ABT 1971).

                    TREMKO, HELEN was born 13 August 1920, received Social Security number 203-01-2946 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died 19 February 1998

                    TREMKO, HELEN M. was born 26 October 1913, received Social Security number 289-28-0568 (indicating Ohio) and, Death Master File says, died 29 January 1989

                    TREMKO, J A. was born 14 June 1940, received Social Security number 117-30-0424 (indicating New York) and, Death Master File says, died 15 November 1987

                    TREMKO, JEAN was born 30 April 1932, received Social Security number 151-24-2991 (indicating New Jersey) and, Death Master File says, died March 1989

                    TREMKO, JOHN was born 23 August 1920, received Social Security number 201-01-4941 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died June 1981

                    TREMKO, JOHN J. was born 28 March 1905, received Social Security number 042-14-1283 (indicating Connecticut) and, Death Master File says, died 11 August 1990

                    TREMKO, JOSEPH was born 13 August 1941, received Social Security number 021-30-4919 (indicating Massachusetts) and, Death Master File says, died May

                    TREMKO, MARY was born 13 March 1886, received Social Security number 164-50-2688 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died April 1973

                    TREMKO, MARY was born 31 January 1916, received Social Security number 053-24-1924 (indicating New York) and, Death Master File says, died 28 January 2003

                    TREMKO, MATHEW was born 07 February 1906, received Social Security number 274-05-4769 (indicating Ohio) and, Death Master File says, died December 1982

                    TREMKO, MICHAEL was born 09 June 1897, received Social Security number 195-10-3893 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died April 1965

                    TREMKO, MICHAEL was born 21 August 1892, received Social Security number 359-32-3807 (indicating Illinois) and, Death Master File says, died March 1965

                    TREMKO, MICHAEL P who was 38, (born 1970 or 1971) married 05 December 2009 in DENTON COUNTY, TEXAS, U.S.A. a bride named HEATHER R WOOD who was 37 (born 1971 or 1972).

                    TREMKO, MICHAEL S. was born 19 November 1930, received Social Security number 340-20-5304 (indicating Illinois) and, Death Master File says, died 13 February 1996

                    TREMKO, MICHAEL W. was born 22 September 1901, received Social Security number 041-03-6302 (indicating Connecticut) and, Death Master File says, died 29 December 1989

                    TREMKO, PETER was born 28 June 1903, received Social Security number 041-03-6301 (indicating Connecticut) and, Death Master File says, died June 1985

                    TREMKO, RAYMOND J. was born 25 September 1923, received Social Security number 193-12-2022 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died 22 May

                    TREMKO, ROBIN J. was born 31 March 1960, received Social Security number 117-52-9286 (indicating New York) and, Death Master File says, died 26 August 2001

                    TREMKO, S was born 25 June 1933, received Social Security number 185-26-7961 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died January

                    TREMKO, THOMAS was born 07 April 1955, received Social Security number 168-48-9189 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died 10 November

                    TREMKO, THOMAS was born 18 December 1907, received Social Security number 196-03-2177 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died April

                    TREMKO, T J. was born 24 October 1935, received Social Security number 145-26-1079 (indicating New Jersey) and, Death Master File says, died 15 March

                    TREMKO, VELMA R. was born 25 October 1918, received Social Security number 172-18-9190 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died 15 November 1994

                    TREMKO, VERONICA was born 05 July 1929, received Social Security number 190-26-0204 (indicating Pennsylvania) and, Death Master File says, died May 1984

                    If you learn of a record that you want in the USA or available through ancestry.com, I will gladly provide it to you.  I did a brief search and I believe I may have found your great aunt and great uncle Elizabeth Tremko and Vasil Mitnik.  I will tell you of that in another email.

                    Dave