Re: [S-R] Posting Grauer Family Search

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 29, 2013
      You also might want to check the website jewishgen.org

      Suzanne

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 29, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Dorann Cafaro <dorann.cafaro@...> wrote:

      Thank you Suzanne,

      I also have run my DNA on ancestry.com so I may find some cousins with greater family historical knowledge.

      Dorann

      On Sep 29, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Suzanne wrote:

      I absolutely love the way you posted your information and what you are hoping to find!

      Good luck with your search.

      Suzanne

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 29, 2013, at 9:45 AM, Dorann Cafaro <dorann.cafaro@...> wrote:

      Looking for information about my Grandmother's family:

      1. what I know details up on family tree at Ancestry.com:
        • Great Great Grandfather unknown first name Grauer - came to US prior to 1850 with his family
        • son Samuel Grauer born 1814 in Strakonitz South Bohemia
          • married to Hannah ?  had 4 children Elizabeth, Sauel Samuel, Louis, & Leon
          • Jewish
          • 1854 naturalization in Baltimore MD - have not found his registration form
          • cigar maker in Baltimore 1860s to 1890s
          • died 31 Dec 1892 in Philadelphia PA (living with son Louis)
          • buried Har Sinai Cemetery Baltimore
        • son Ignatius Grauer born 1819 in Strakonitz South Bohemia
          • married Rosalie Yochsburg had 5 children Rosa, Millard Fillmore, Louis, Rosina, & William
          • Jewish
          • died 1898 in Baltimore MD
          • buried Har Sinai Cemetery
      2. what I would like to know:
        • when they came to US
        • Great Great Grandfather's first name
        • ancestry in South Bohemia
      3. family lore:
        • Great Great Grandfather was physician to King of Austria and forced to leave when King was removed

      Thank you for any help. Dorann

    • rmark40773
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 29, 2013
        Suzanne:
        I am interested in knowing how to limit my search in familysearch.org to just naturalization records.  is that possible?
        Rosemary

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 29, 2013
          Yes this is where I gathered the naturalization dates but unfortunately they do not have the actual petition with all the details only the index. I "index" for familysearch.org and would highly recommend doing this as it helps in understanding how these records get on-line - so I keep hoping the actual petitions will become available or that I get to Baltimore records.

          Dorann

          and yes Rosemary you can limit your search on familysearch.org and this is an excellent place to keep checking back with as more and more information gets indexed and available.

          On Sep 29, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Suzanne wrote:

          Also records for Ignatius.

          SB

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 29, 2013
            I only see birth, marriage, residence and death on the main page.

            However, if you scroll down to the lower part of the screen (below the "Search" button) there's a pick to "browse all public collections".  If you pick on that it takes you to another screen and if you scroll down on the left side you can pick on "Migration and Naturalization".

            Hope you find what you are looking for ;0)

            Suzanne

            Sent from my iPad

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 29, 2013

               Here is a link to all the US Immigration/Naturalization records

              https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&region=UNITED_STATES&recordType=Migration

              When you are on the main search page  https://familysearch.org/search/

              Scroll to the bottom and you can click on All  Published Records or Browse by location.  If you navigate those links you will see the immigration & naturalization links.

              I also have found that after you got search results for someone, you can scroll down and on the left had column is the words FILTER YOUR SEARCH.  If you click on that is will show you all the records found fot that person.  If a particular record you are looking for isn't listed, that means they didn't find anything based on your search criteria.