RE: Re: [S-R] Translation of comments/notes please

  • curtbocha
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013

       Nancy,

      In highly abbreviated Latin it says "this person (the baptized) died on 17 JANUARY 1883 (no. 2).

      The "no.2"  may refer to the burial register number, or maybe a second death that day.  Anyway check the death registers for this town and see if Anna's death is listed for that day, though she may have died somewhere else.  The note says nothing about place of death.

      Curt B.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The direct link to this record is:  http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12425-97447-77?cc=1554443&we=M99c-XPY:n1110170749

      Could some one please look at the following record and tell me what is says in the comments.  I can make out some but need some help.

      Church Records, RC, Presov, Radocov, Baptisms 1796-18-- page 279.  The person I am interested in is #6, ANNA, parents Joannes SZTRAKA & Anna Kuchar.

      Thank you.

    • Nancy Gibbs
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21, 2013
        Thank you Curt B.

        Could some one please look at the following record and tell me what is says in the comments.  I can make out some but need some help.

        Church Records, RC, Presov, Radocov, Baptisms 1796-18-- page 279.  The person I am interested in is #6, ANNA, parents Joannes SZTRAKA & Anna Kuchar.

        Thank you.

      • Joe Armata
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 22, 2013
          Curt, are you sure it refers to death? I took the first word as "conj."
          as in conjuncta (married).

          Joe

          > Nancy,
          >
          > In highly abbreviated Latin it says "this person (the baptized) died on
          > 17 JANUARY 1883 (no. 2).
          >
          > The "no.2" may refer to the burial register number, or maybe a second
          > death that day. Anyway check the death registers for this town and see
          > if Anna's death is listed for that day, though she may have died
          > somewhere else. The note says nothing about place of death.
          >
          > Curt B.
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          >
          > The direct link to this record is:
          > http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12425-97447-77?cc=1554443&we=M99c-XPY:n1110170749
          > Could some one please look at the following record and tell me what is
          > says in the comments. I can make out some but need some help.
          >
          > Church Records, RC, Presov, Radocov, Baptisms 1796-18-- page 279. The
          > person I am interested in is #6, ANNA, parents Joannes SZTRAKA & Anna
          > Kuchar.
          >
          > Thank you.

        • curtbocha
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 22, 2013

             Joe,

            I looked at it again.  The handwriting is really poor and certainly open to interpretation.  I don't see conj.  I see Exeq.  abbrev for exequiae = funeral services.  but checking the date in both deaths and marriages may clear it up.