RE: The Zipser area

  • kate_inthedesert
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 20, 2013

      keka3 au,

      I saw that you replied to me.  I can read the subject line on the main list of messages.  It begins, "Hi Kate, Actually I thought the more useful part of..."  When I click on the message, the message area is blank. (!)

      I figure that either I'm doing something very wrong, or Neo has ambushed me.  Can anyone tell me what's going on?  Blessings on thee, in advance for any help.

      I worry folks think they're being ignored, when I just can't read what they wrote!  (It happened elsewhere, too, I think.)

      Kate

      --- In slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com, <kika3_au@...> wrote:

      Hi Kate,

      Actually I thought the more useful part of this website was the tombstone and graveyard information. Someone has recorded all the names in each sector of the graveyard. Look for the words Sirok, sirketek in the left-hand side bar. Then click on the sewctor number to open the list of names.

      The Regiszter link in the sidebar  (just above) takes you to what I think is a link to names found in the Locse parish registers.

      Catherine

      --- In slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com, <kate.in.the.desert.88@...> wrote:

      Catherine,

      My mistake!  When I first looked at the page without paying attention to dates, I thought it was just one conference in Vienna, but I see now there were multiple events.  i must peruse that more carefully.  Were you involved with any of the events?

      Kate

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thank you, Catherine!

      That looks like it must have been a very interesting conference -- I'll examine it more closely.  Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

      Kate

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I just came across this Hungarian site  about Lutherans in Locse in the Szips region that might be of interest. Try pasting the URL into google chrome for automatic translation.

    • Dr. JQ
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 23, 2013
        Happy to help.

        Dr. "Q"

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 24, 2013

          Dear All,

          You all have experienced the new Yahoo "updates" and "improvements" to your e-mail.  These same "improvements" have been applied to Yahoo Groups.  We (the moderators) are as frustrated  with the new "features, functions, options, preferences, etc." Yahoo has given us.  I have yet to figure out how to approve a message Yahoo has flagged as "SPAM"; right now there is a completely acceptable message in the "SPAM" folder that I want to approve but I don't how to do it with the new "interface".

          Please be patient with us.

          Thank you.

          Dr."Q"
          moderator
        • Jody Gonda
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 24, 2013
            Click the button that says, 'Not Spam' at the top.  This moves the note to your inbox and then you should be able to approve it.

            Jody
            Old genealogists never die, they just lose their census!

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 24, 2013
              Surprisingly - there is not a "Not Spam" tab when viewing the "Spam" folder contents in the "manager" options, the only thing I can find is a "Delete Spam" option!

              So please wait while we figure it out.

              Dr. "Q"

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 24, 2013
                Can you move it to the inbox?