Pichne (Pihnye or Tuskes) Zemplin County Slovakia

  • Suzanne Bond
    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 19 10:19 AM
      Although I have been doing genealogical research on my various family lines for several years, I am new to this group and am looking forward to the interaction with the members.

      One area I am researching and the surname is:

      AREA:
          Pichne (Pihnye or Tuskes) Zemplin County Slovakia

      SURNAME:
          Golya

      I am looking for information on this village which I believe is where my grandmother Zuzanna Golya was living before immigrating to the
      United States.  The ship's manifest record I located through Ellis Island looks like the last residence is Tiiskes but I have found it listed as in the subject line of the message.  Any idea where I could find birth or any other type of records from the "Old Country"?

      I know she settled in South Fork, Pennsylvania where she met and married my grandfather.  I have a great deal of information for the time period after her emmigration (I was able to find their marriage records online for Cambria County and have a copy of their marriage license)
      but have hit the wall for any information prior.

      Any suggestions?

      Suzanne Bond
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 22, 2014
        Dzsupinka, (Hungarian spelling) [Dzhyu-peen-kah]

        http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Dzupinka/slovensko/

        Click on arrow on right side for address and Phone No.

        On Saturday, February 22, 2014 2:57 PM, "elzeini.lisa@..." <elzeini.lisa@...> wrote:

        Suzanne,
        You had stated that you would respond to me via email.  I have not heard from you. I hope all is well.
        Sorry if I am too eager to converse with you, but we both have in our trees DZSUPINKA from Pichne, Slovakia and looking at the Greek Catholic Church records it appears we both have ancestors from the same household (Pichne #22)
        Waiting to hear from you.
        Lisa