Translation of comments/notes please

  • Nancy Gibbs
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2013
      Could some one please look at the following record and tell me what is says in the comments.  I can make out some but need some help.

      Church Records, RC, Presov, Radocov, Baptisms 1796-18-- page 279.  The person I am interested in is #6, ANNA, parents Joannes SZTRAKA & Anna Kuchar.

      Thank you.
    • kika3_au

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 19, 2013
          Direct link to record:

          familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12425-97447-77?cc=1554443&we=M99c-XPY:n1110170749
        • Nancy Gibbs
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013
            The direct link to this record is:  http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12425-97447-77?cc=1554443&we=M99c-XPY:n1110170749

            Could some one please look at the following record and tell me what is says in the comments.  I can make out some but need some help.

            Church Records, RC, Presov, Radocov, Baptisms 1796-18-- page 279.  The person I am interested in is #6, ANNA, parents Joannes SZTRAKA & Anna Kuchar.

            Thank you.

          • curtbocha
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013

               Nancy,

              In highly abbreviated Latin it says "this person (the baptized) died on 17 JANUARY 1883 (no. 2).

              The "no.2"  may refer to the burial register number, or maybe a second death that day.  Anyway check the death registers for this town and see if Anna's death is listed for that day, though she may have died somewhere else.  The note says nothing about place of death.

              Curt B.

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 21, 2013
                Thank you Curt B.

                Could some one please look at the following record and tell me what is says in the comments.  I can make out some but need some help.

                Church Records, RC, Presov, Radocov, Baptisms 1796-18-- page 279.  The person I am interested in is #6, ANNA, parents Joannes SZTRAKA & Anna Kuchar.

                Thank you.

              • Joe Armata
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 22, 2013
                  Curt, are you sure it refers to death? I took the first word as "conj."
                  as in conjuncta (married).

                  Joe

                  > Nancy,
                  >
                  > In highly abbreviated Latin it says "this person (the baptized) died on
                  > 17 JANUARY 1883 (no. 2).
                  >
                  > The "no.2" may refer to the burial register number, or maybe a second
                  > death that day. Anyway check the death registers for this town and see
                  > if Anna's death is listed for that day, though she may have died
                  > somewhere else. The note says nothing about place of death.
                  >
                  > Curt B.
                  >

                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  >
                  > The direct link to this record is:
                  > http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12425-97447-77?cc=1554443&we=M99c-XPY:n1110170749
                  > Could some one please look at the following record and tell me what is
                  > says in the comments. I can make out some but need some help.
                  >
                  > Church Records, RC, Presov, Radocov, Baptisms 1796-18-- page 279. The
                  > person I am interested in is #6, ANNA, parents Joannes SZTRAKA & Anna
                  > Kuchar.
                  >
                  > Thank you.

                • curtbocha
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 22, 2013

                     Joe,

                    I looked at it again.  The handwriting is really poor and certainly open to interpretation.  I don't see conj.  I see Exeq.  abbrev for exequiae = funeral services.  but checking the date in both deaths and marriages may clear it up.