RE: RE: [S-R] "uzav retých manzelstiev"

  • kate_inthedesert
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2013

      Thank you, Joe!

      I wonder why, after examining Slovak records from various towns, I've only seen one congregation using that phrase.  I.e., I wonder why the other church congregations did NOT add that word.

      Thanks for resolving that matter;  every translation website (and I tried a few) just suggested "Closed marriages."

      I'm glad you set me straight.  Kate

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That just means "of marriages". The uzavretych part just means something like concluded, signed and sealed, official, like a "concluded" legal contract.

      Joe