"uzavretých manzelstiev"

  • kate_inthedesert
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2013
      Can anyone verify the meaning of the phrase?I

      I'm slogging through images of baptismal records for Volicza at familysearch.org right now, but when I'm done, the next set of records to attack are called:

      "uzavretých manzelstiev", which familysearch translates as "closed marriages."

      They don't define the term.  I'm guessing it might mean marriages within the same religious group, in this case, Greek Catholic.

      Is that right?  Or is the meaning something else?

      Kate
    • Zuzana Peer
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2013
        Kate,
        "uzavretych manzelstiev" only means "marriages"- performed (executed).
        Zuzana