Help deciphering location

  • Robert Pollak
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013

      I was viewing a film from Vsechsvatych, SLovakia ( the records are not on-line) and found what I believe was my great-grandmother Anna Petrustsak and her family.  Each of the records I found for the Petrustsak family show a location that I cannot decipher.

      Locations appear to be Burafalva or Bernasfalva or Bernathfalva.  One location looks like Bakssa with the ss which looks like ff. I could not find anything close by searching Cisarik's list of villages.
      Do any of these names ring a bell with anyone?

      Any help is appreciated.

      Bob Pollak
    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013
        Probably Buzafalva = Buzice. Bernathfalva is nearby on the 1910 map. You can find these villages listed on thee 1828 list of villages on the Tarkulich site. They are adjacent Valalilky.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Robert Pollak <rjp4053@...> wrote:

        > ���
        > I was viewing a film from Vsechsvatych, SLovakia ( the records are not on-line) and found what I believe was my great-grandmother Anna Petrustsak and her family.� Each of the records I found for the Petrustsak family show a location that I cannot decipher.
        >

        > Locations appear to be Burafalva or Bernasfalva or Bernathfalva.� One location looks like Bakssa with the ss which looks like ff. I could not find anything close by searching Cisarik's list of villages.
        > Do any of these names ring a bell with anyone?
        >
        > Any help is appreciated.
        >
        > Bob Pollak

      • John
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013
          >>> Locations appear to be Burafalva One location looks like Bakssa . . . I could not find anything close by searching Cisarik's list of villages. <<<

          They both appear on the Cisarik site.
        • Alexandra Vargovits
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013
            Buzafalva (Buzice) and Bernatfalva (Bernatovce) are the parts of Kassamindszent (Valaliky - earlier Všechsvätych) now. Before 1961 there were independent villages.

            Lexy