Re: [S-R] Location of Bacsafalva

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Alan ANTOSKA <aantoska@y...> wrote:
      > Ahoj Tim,
      > To be confirmed, but it is likely that Bacsafalva is the
      > same place as Bosany. Bacsafalva is spelt according to
      > Magyar (Hugarian) rules which was the official language
      > till the end of WW1.
      > Czechoslovakia came to be in 1919, the official language
      > ceased to be Magyar and places were then spelt according
      > to Slovak spelling concepts.

      moz^no ? talán ?

      Bos^any (Sv) Bossány (H) is located 60 miles ENE of Bratislava
      and 5 miles ENE of Topol'c^any (Sv) Nagy (large) tapolcsány (H)
      which is also the name of the Slovak okres (district) Topol'c^any.

      Before WW I, it was located in old Nyitra Megye (county) and in
      the Hungarian járás (district) of Nyitra-Zsámbokrét.
      There were 2 villages called Kis (little) Bossány and Nagy
      (large) Bossány.
      Now called Vel'ké (large) Bos^any and Malé (little) Bos^any
      in Slovak.

      R.C. matriky (1691-1899) for Vel'ké Bos^any and Malé Bos^any
      do exist at the Nitra-Ivanka Archives under Vel'ké Bos^any.

      Place name suffix -falu, -falva does mean village in Hungarian.

      Bácsa (H) is located 67 miles WNW of Budapest across the Danube
      River in Gyo"r-Moson-Sopron Megye (county) 3 miles from Gyo"rúfalu
      and near the current Slovakia border in the C^ic^ov (Sv) Csicsó (H)
      area.
      Formerly (before WW I) located in Hungarian járás (district) of
      Tósziget-csilizköz.
      A special case.