Re: Place name--help

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2013
      Nancy,
      The 3 words at the top are just a pious expression inscribed by the priest in Hungarian - Follow Christ the Lord.

      The name of the town is Bodonlaka right next to Szent-Gyorgy. Bodonlaka is now known as Bodovce, which has absorbed Szent-Gyorgy.
      Both their Roman Catholic records were kept in Hubosovce, which records are online at Family Search.

      Curt B.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Gibbs <bohnenstiehl1952@...> wrote:

      > Image at Slovakia Church Records, RC, Presov, Petroviany, #2 Deaths (Umrtia) 1837-1852......page 508 (marriage record)
      >
      > 2nd line---Janos SZTRAKA and Anna ?
      >
      > Question 1 - What is the translation of the 3 words at the top of the image?
      >
      > Question 2 - What is the name of the place above Szt- Peter for Janos?
      >
      > I have been trying to find his birth record to confirm he is my great grandfather's brother.  Great grandfather born in Zupcany (Zsebfalu) but have not found any record of Janos there.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >    Nancy

    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2013
        >>> Question 2 - What is the name of the place above Szt- Peter for Janos?
        >
        > I have been trying to find his birth record to confirm he is my great grandfather's brother.  Great grandfather born in Zupcany (Zsebfalu) but have not found any record of Janos there. <<<

        The 1869 Hungarian Census for Bodovce/Bodanlaka is available online at
        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-23419-1081-17?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CQS:195299673

        Perhaps your missing family is found there.
      • Nancy Gibbs
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2013
          Thank you for this link.  I would have never thought to look there --but Hallelujah, they are there.  Unfortunately, Janos is not there, he wasn't born yet.  This raises another question but I will have to start a new thread.