Re: MOLITORIS Genealogy

  • Melissa
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
      Robert - Sts Cyril & Methodius Church is about 6 blocks from where I grew up. One of my school friends still attends there. I belonged to one of the SOKOL groups in town for about 5 years. We had a Bolcar who lived a block away. I don't recognize the Zibura name but we had a Giblock family that I went to HS with. My mom is originally from Bayonne but ended up in Boonton when she married my dad, originally from Nanticoke, PA, but his family is Lemko.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "robert_shive" <robert_shive@...> wrote:

      > Melissa-- Lots of families from the Matiasovce area passed through Boonton. My Bolczar clan (from Zalesie, then Gibely, same church as Matiasovce) did as well. My grandfather was born there, before the family moved to Phillipsburg. Two family names that come immediately to mind are Zibura and Giblyak
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa" <mabensh@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Molitoris family from Boonton were my immediate neighbors diagonally behind the house I grew up in. My mom still lives in Boonton and she is very friendly with them still. Perhaps I can get some info from them - give me some questions you would like answered.

      > > > Leading the MOLITORIS pack to Boonton, NJ, would be the following, first there 1896-1898 per notation on manifest.
      > > >
      > > > Molitorisc, Andrasz Matjasfalu 44 1861 1905
      > > >
      > > > By my reckoning, the computed DOB may be off if he is the same one living at Matiasovce 133 in the 1869 Hungarian Census.
    • Barb Molitoris
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
        I found that the Weller family might live in Cerv. Klastor SPIS but I don't know if this is an abbreviation for a place. Is there another name that's more complete?
        Barb

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
          Barb,

          Cerveny Klastor [Chehrr-vehnee Klahsh-tohrr]  Red (Monestary) is a town in the Spis area on the Dunajec [Duhnahyee-ehts] River, (the border of Poland and Slovakia).

          Vilo

          ________________________________
          I found that the Weller family might live in Cerv. Klastor SPIS but I don't know if this is an abbreviation for a place. Is there another name that's more complete?
          Barb

        • John
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
            >>> I found that the Weller family might live in Cerv. Klastor SPIS but I don't know if this is an abbreviation for a place. Is there another name that's more complete? <<<

            Cerveny Klastor.

            Use the Cisarik site to get answers to such questions.

            http://www.cisarik.com/
            OLD NAMES of the village(town):
            1863 Alsolechnic, 1873–1902 Sublechnic, 1907–1913 Alsolehnic, 1920–1948 Nizne Svaby, 1948– Cerveny Klastor
          • Janet Kozlay
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
              It's Cerveny Klastor as of 1948. Before that it was known as Nizne Svaby,
              Alsolehnic, Sublechnic, and Alsolechnic. It is on the Polish border.

              Janet

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
                I had written a couple weeks ago about not knowing my father's paternal grandparents but have since found a marriage record of his mother & father. His grandmother's name was not Rozalia (might have been nickname or middle name), it was Mary Bierda. His father's name was Lawrence Molitoris.
                I found Mary Bierda in a record but can't read any of it. Could someone please help. I believe she is the one on line 14. Here is a link to the document:
                https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22630-19467-77?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C6F:n1135234674

                The top says, "Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman Catholic (Rímsko-katolícká cirkev)ÈadcaÈadcaBaptisms, marriages (Krsty, manželstvá) 1742-1896"
                Thanks for any help you can give.
                Barb
              • Alexandra Vargovits
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
                  line 14:
                  date: 1843. february 24th
                  name: Rebrass Anna
                  parents: Rebrass János & Bierda Mária
                  village: Csaca (Csattza) now Čadca in Slovakia   http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Csaca
                  godparents: Kántor József and his wife Anna

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
                    Thank you!
                    Barb

                  • John
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
                      >>> I found Mary Bierda in a record but can't read any of it. Could someone please help. I believe she is the one on line 14. Here is a link to the document:
                      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22630-19467-77?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-\C6F:n1135234674
                      <<<

                      What I can't figure out is the father's birthplace. It looks like Polgan but that does not compute. Perhaps it was from north of the county line and so is not on the Trencsen Megye map.
                    • Alexandra Vargovits
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
                        No no, "Polgár" means "Citizen" in English.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
                          Well, that's a new one on me! No wonder that there were so many people from Polgar.