Anton/Antonius Pisarcik

  • rmark40773
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 24 6:22 PM
      My great grand uncle is Anton/Antonius Pisarcik. He was born in Velka Frankova, Slovakia in 1867. I have found his baptismal record through familysearch.org. I am now searching for his marriage record, but it does not seem that the church record goes far enough for the church he was baptized in. It only goes to 1883. Would anyone have any suggestion as to how I can find this record? Also would be interested in connecting with anyone that has researched the Pisarcik family from Velka Frankova.
    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 24 7:32 PM
        As is the custom here, the marriage may have taken place in the brides church/village. Since most marriages happened within a 10 mile radius “hood” you might look at those villages.
        As you have seen, some records were only filmed up to a certain date that can be found on familysearch.com. That does not that they aren’t available. You may have to locate the Slovak archive that covers Velka Frankova and environs. They should be able to locate the record of the marriage. If you jump 20 years it would be during the late 1880’s.

        Veľká Franková KK/PV spiš. 1979–1990 zlúč. s o. Malá Franková do o. Franková.
        1773 Frankova, Fronkova, Franck, 1786 Frankowa, 1808 Frankova, Groß-Frankowa, Frankowá, 1863–1888 Nagyfrankova, 1892–1895, 1907–1913 Nagyfrankvágása, 1898–1902 Nagyfrankvágás, 1920–1978, 1990– Veľká Franková

        Vel’ka Frankova is in the district of Kezmarok (KK) and region of Presov (PV). The nearest archive is in Levoca.

        V obci VEĽKÁ FRANKOVÁ (okr. POPRAD) sa v roku 1995 nachádzali najčastejšie tieto priezviská: PISARČÍK 4×; PISARČÍKOVÁ 4×:
        The 1995 Slovak Census of Vel’ka Frankova had found four male Pisarick and four females, Pisarcikova.

        My great grand uncle is Anton/Antonius Pisarcik. He was born in Velka Frankova, Slovakia in 1867. I have found his baptismal record through familysearch.org. I am now searching for his marriage record, but it does not seem that the church record goes far enough for the church he was baptized in. It only goes to 1883. Would anyone have any suggestion as to how I can find this record? Also would be interested in connecting with anyone that has researched the Pisarcik family from Velka Frankova.

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 24 9:03 PM
          Marek,

          This will take you a while but here are the LDS records:
          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22655-23775-35?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-ZTQ:389646070

          Vilo

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 24 9:49 PM
            To all,

            This tool will help in reading LDS Records:  http://iabsi.com/gen/public/church_record_headers.htm

            Vilo

          • rmark40773
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 25 3:35 AM
              This is very helpful..Thank you.

              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 25 3:38 AM
                Vilo:
                Thanks for sending this link. This appears to be the book of the same church records that I checked, which I believe only went to 1883 for the marriage records.
                Thanks.
                Rosemary

                My great grand uncle is Anton/Antonius Pisarcik. He was born in Velka Frankova, Slovakia in 1867. I have found his baptismal record through familysearch.org. I am now searching for his marriage record, but it does not seem that the church record goes far enough for the church he was baptized in. It only goes to 1883. Would anyone have any suggestion as to how I can find this record? Also would be interested in connecting with anyone that has researched the Pisarcik family from Velka Frankova.

              • John
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 25 4:58 AM
                  Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Vel'ká Franková, Slovakia, formerly known as Nagyfrankova, Szepes, Hungary.
                  Krsty 1750-1777 -
                  Krsty 1777-1896
                  Manželstvá 1750-1801, 1812-1899
                  Úmrtia 1751-1799, 1812-1899 -

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 25 10:26 AM
                    Very valuable tool. Has helped me already. I do have an additional question. I notice in the baptisimal records I see a cross by a name here and there. What does that mean?

                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 25 1:09 PM
                      >>> I notice in the baptisimal records I see a cross by a name here and there. What does that mean? <<<

                      The person died.
                    • rmark40773
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 25 1:16 PM
                        Died at birth?

                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 25 2:54 PM
                          The beliefs of the day were that if a baby died without baptism, the soul could not enter into heave but remained in purgatory.

                          If you notice, most babies were Baptized on the day of Birth or the following day.

                          I would think that the child died soon after Baptism.

                          Vilo

                          ________________________________
                          >>> I notice in the baptisimal records I see a cross by a name here and there. What does that mean? <<<

                          The person died.

                        • Frank R Plichta
                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 25 3:05 PM
                            Death was not necessarily at or near birth. I have seen records, even of
                            folks to migrated to America, who died in their 50's and 60's and someone
                            told the church back home (in Slovakia) and the baptismal records had a
                            cross and a date added.

                            _____

                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 25 9:25 PM
                              Thanks so much, Vilo. This seems like a great tool, especially since I don't know Slovak.
                              My father's family is from Slovakia but I don't have much information about them. His parents Joseph Molitoris and Anna Weller were first generation here in the United States. I know his mother's parent's names (Joseph Weller and Mary Torbik), but for his father I don't know his father's name and his mother's name was Rozalia, but I have no last name. Grandma used to talk about Spisska Stadta Ves but my aunt says she was born in a small village farther east of there. I haven't been able to find information for them in Slovakia on FamilySearch.com.
                              I didn't know about this tool, so I will try finding something again.
                              Thanks again,
                              Barb Molitoris

                            • William C. Wormuth
                              Message 14 of 21 , Aug 25 11:37 PM
                                Barb,

                                I will try to help you

                                Have you used the Ellis Island records?  Have you looked in County records for Citizenship records?

                                Josef Molitoris [Mohlee-tohrrees] immigrated in 1922, age 19.  Home town Matiasovce [Mahteeash-ohvceh] in Spis [Speesh] area.
                                https://www.google.com/search?q=Sukanic&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#fp=b60ef2c46460515a&q=matiasovce+slovakia&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial
                                I found Marya Torbik from Velky Lipnik came in 1909 age 26
                                https://www.google.com/search?q=MORAVANY+NAD+V%C3%81HOM&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#fp=b60ef2c46460515a&q=velky+lipnik+slovakia&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial

                                Weller is a common Jewish immigrant name What religion were they?

                                Send as much info as you can.

                                Vilo

                                ________________________________
                                Message 15 of 21 , Aug 26 1:55 PM
                                  Vilo,
                                  Here is all the information I have. I knew my grandparents, but beyond them, everyone lived in the old country.
                                  Joseph MOLITORIS was born about 1901 in
                                  October in Prussia (Possibly Nowy Sacz, Poland?).
                                  October 8, 1922 Josef Molitoris arrived in New York, New York, on October 8,
                                  1922, at the age of 19. Josef arrived on the SS President Arthur from Bremen. His
                                  mother was Rozalia Molitoris. She remained in Slovakia. Going to Boonton, NJ to
                                  live with his brother, Stefan Molitoris,after he arrived. He came from Matiasovce, Czechoslovakia. (New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957)
                                  Anna WELLER was born on July 31, 1898,
                                  in Prussia (possibly Svabi, Slovakia?). Her parents were Josef WELLER and Mary
                                  TORBIK. They remained in Slovakia.
                                  Anna Weller left Rotterdam,
                                  Netherlands, for Boston, Massachusetts, arriving on February 21, 1921, at the
                                  age of 23. (Boston Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1943)
                                  They married in Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne,
                                  Pennsylvania, USA and had three sons and two daughters between 1926 and 1934. (Joseph,
                                  the oldest son, was my father (1926-1987). After serving in the US Navy in
                                  World War II, Joseph married Virginia Derr in 1948 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois,
                                  USA and lived there.)
                                  Joseph Molitoris (my grandfather) was
                                  29 years old and lived in North Branch, Pennsylvania with his wife, Anna, one son,
                                  and one daughter. (1930 United States Federal Census) This young daughter died
                                  soon after this census.
                                  In 1933 Joseph and Anna Molitoris
                                  lived in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania (U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989) and in
                                  in 1935. (U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989)
                                  On April 1, 1940, Joseph Malotoris was
                                  39 years old and lived in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania with his wife, Anna, 3
                                  sons, and daughter. (1940 United States Federal Census)
                                   Joseph
                                  MOLITORIS died in 1962 in Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne, Pennsylvania, USA and was buried
                                  in Sacred Heart Cemmetery in Dallas, Luzerne, Pennsylvania, USA. Anna (WELLER)
                                  MOLITORIS died on April 15, 1983, in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, at the age of
                                  84, and was buried next to her husband.

                                • Joyce Herbeck
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Aug 26 7:54 PM
                                    William,

                                    I just came across this message and was wondering if there is a similar "translation tool" that I could use for Czech records.  I have to rely on a Czech friend to decipher anything I come across that I think might be applicable to records in the Trebon area.  Any suggestions you could give would be apprecited.  Thanks.

                                    Joyce Herbeck

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Aug 27 4:43 AM
                                      The Family History wiki has a good selection of language aids.  There is a link to a Czech geneological word list at the bottom of this page.

                                      https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Czech_Republic_Language_and_Languages/

                                      kika

                                    • William C. Wormuth
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Aug 27 9:19 AM
                                        Joyce,

                                        I have no info on the Cech translation but you could use Google translation.

                                        Vilo

                                        ________________________________

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Aug 27 11:05 AM
                                          I assumed that the cross was a way to help the priest at the time that a couple was to get married. If he needed to go back and check if/how closely the couple was related, if there were several people with the same name, he could safely ignore the records with the +. The records I have seen mostly had the + if the person died any time before they married.

                                          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Frank R Plichta" <frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

                                          > Death was not necessarily at or near birth. I have seen records, even of
                                          > folks to migrated to America, who died in their 50's and 60's and someone
                                          > told the church back home (in Slovakia) and the baptismal records had a
                                          > cross and a date added.
                                          >

                                          > _____

                                        • Stacey Palmer
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Aug 27 11:56 AM
                                            Does it mean that the person died before baptism? Or did they go back at
                                            anytime to mark a cross in the record
                                            On Aug 25, 2013 4:09 PM, "John" <johnqadam@...> wrote:

                                            > **

                                            > there. What does that mean? <<<
                                            >
                                            > The person died.

                                          • John
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Aug 27 12:05 PM
                                              Anytime for the cross. Often with a DOD indicated.