Virus Detected was Re: RE: Ship Manifest DOB

  • gjlazar@telerama.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25 5:47 PM
      -I got the same virus from the Slova-World mail list and it came in
      reponse to one of my questions posted from the same family mentioned
      in earlier post. Just said see the attached. I opened it and have now
      blown thelast three hours cleaning up my computer.
      If anyone else gets caught the easy way is to run norton scan with
      windows in safe mode, otherwise you will not be able to delete move or
      qauarantine the infected files created by the virus.
      they are: in Windows/system/"kern32.exe" and "INTED.EXE" and
      "hksdll.dll"
      or start up in dos so windows won't laod these files and do the delete
      from the dos prompt.
      This nasty bug sends itself to senders of unread files in your Outlook
      or outlook express mail folders (another reason to stay with Netscape)
      plus it sends the author your IP address (good reason not to have a
      cable modem cause the IP never changes and is always on), so he can
      come in and pick up ID, intercept credit cards and the like.
      I hope Maura won't get upset about this post but afterall, we are
      getting the bug from this group mailing list.