Re: [S-R] May I introduce myself?

  • Nick Kerpchar
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 22, 2013
      Hi Stacey,
      Welcome to Slovak-Roots.  Two good resources are: #1 local genealogy society, and #2 The Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormon Church) local family history center.  You can see if there is a genealogy society locally by checking the Internet with Google, Bing, or any of the other search tools.  Enter your town's name and the words "genealogy society," and if there is one it will show up.  The local genealogy society may be for the county you live in if the town is small.  You can do the same for the Mormon Church family history center ... you DO  NOT  have to be a member of the Mormon Church to use their family history center and it's FREE.  I am not a member of the Mormon Church and in my experience I have never been approached about joining that church.

      I have found the people at the Mormon Church family history centers are knowledgeable and easy to talk with (I have used three Mormon Church family history centers in two different states so far).  In addition, they have both resource books and computers you can use for free on site.  And with the case of Slovakian and other Eastern European church records, you can order desired microfilms from the main Mormon Church family history library in Salt Lake City and have them sent to your local Mormon Church family history center to view on their equipment.  The fee to rent a microfilm is less than $10 for 30-days or something like that.

      Usually the people that belong to a local genealogical society are knowledgeable and helpful although one may run into an exception.  I've been fortunate in having belonged to two different genealogical societies in two different states and the folks in both were very nice.  In one society they had a lady that actually taught genealogy classes in a local junior college and she was exceptionally knowledgeable ... and very helpful in pointing one in the proper research direction and in getting information organized.

      Those are two of the best suggestions I have for anyone beginning with researching their family's history/genealogy.  It may seem overwhelming but if you take one step at a time and not hesitate to ask questions, then you will be O.K. and probably find out interesting things about your ancestors.  And don't get discouraged in researching any ancestors from Eastern Europe.  Unlike the British that kept every scrap of paper with writing on it (if only everyone did that), records of births/baptisms/marriages/deaths for ancestors from Eastern Europe before 1900 are most likely limited to church records.  And a great many of those were either destroyed in one war or another, or are in Latin/Slovak/Slavic/Hungarian/Polish/Cyrillic/anything except English or faded.  But, that makes the search all the more rewarding when you do find a piece of information.

      Good luck with your search,  Nick

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 22, 2013
        You have received a great deal of good advice in previous replies.

        What was the RELIGION of Pal POLYAK? We need that because the records for births, deaths and marriages were kepT by the church.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sepalmer8" <sepalmer8@...> wrote:

        > Hello all, my name is Stacey and I am new to genealogy. I am researching my Slovak Roots and I am reading and learning, but it seems I have a long way to go. My great grandfather, and grandfather (Pal,Pavel Polyak)both grandfather and great grand father had same name. My ancestors immigrated to the U.S.(Alleghany PA) from LATKY SLOVAKIA IN 1910. I am looking at a lot of posts and websites,but feel a little over whelmed. Any suggestions were to start looking for databases, and how to read them? I would be so grateful if anyone can give me a starting point.
        >
        > Stacey

      • John
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 22, 2013
          >>> My great grandfather, and grandfather (Pal,Pavel Polyak)both grandfather and great grand father had same name. My ancestors immigrated to the U.S.(Alleghany PA) from LATKY SLOVAKIA IN 1910. <<<

          There are two instances of Latky. Though quite close to one another, they were in separate counties: Zolyom and Nograd Megye = county. Both are quite small and can be referenced at the Cisarik web site: http://www.cisarik.com/0_all-villages-L.html

          Both have online records for nearby RC churches.

          Are you able to suggest which county and/or an estimated DOB?
        • Helen Ruatti
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 23, 2013
            Hi Stacey

            I would like to recommend that if you are just starting genealogy, go to
            your local genealogy society and take a class in learning how to start
            genealogy. Most genealogy societies have a free class for beginners. That
            way you will not have to go back and redo everything once you get farther
            along.

            Helen Ruatti

            On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM, sepalmer8 <sepalmer8@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hello all, my name is Stacey and I am new to genealogy. I am researching
            > my Slovak Roots and I am reading and learning, but it seems I have a long
            > way to go. My great grandfather, and grandfather (Pal,Pavel Polyak)both
            > grandfather and great grand father had same name. My ancestors immigrated
            > to the U.S.(Alleghany PA) from LATKY SLOVAKIA IN 1910. I am looking at a
            > lot of posts and websites,but feel a little over whelmed. Any suggestions
            > were to start looking for databases, and how to read them? I would be so
            > grateful if anyone can give me a starting point.
            >
            > Stacey

          • John
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 23, 2013
              >>> I am looking at a lot of posts and websites,but feel a little over whelmed. <<<

              For those living near Chicago, CGSI is hold a Czech/Slovak genealogy conference Oct 23-26, 2013.

              http://www.cgsi.org/news/events/2013/10/23/14th-cgsi-genealogical-and-cultural-conference-lombard-illinois
            • sepalmer8
              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 23, 2013
                Wow, everyone has been so helpful, Thank you all. I just have to learn how to use this information.
                My Grandfather;s American name was Frank Pollock, but when he came to the US at the age of 8, his name was Pal Polyak, the same name as his father. My grandfather belonged to a Roman Catholic church. Frank was born Oct 7 1901 GGfather Pal Polyak(Paul Polak, Pollock)born Dec 15 1878. Paul states he was born in Latky Slovokia. Frank came to US at a later date with his mother Maria and passenger record states that last residence was Békescsaba. I just don't see any records on the internet for Latky Slovakia. I don't know if I need to request them from the town? I wish there was a list of instructions how to find these records. I am still looking for Maria's maiden name. Thank you all for all the information.I am studying it all and trying to learn

                > You have received a great deal of good advice in previous replies.
                >
                > What was the RELIGION of Pal POLYAK? We need that because the records for births, deaths and marriages were kepT by the church.
                >
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sepalmer8" <sepalmer8@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello all, my name is Stacey and I am new to genealogy. I am researching my Slovak Roots and I am reading and learning, but it seems I have a long way to go. My great grandfather, and grandfather (Pal,Pavel Polyak)both grandfather and great grand father had same name. My ancestors immigrated to the U.S.(Alleghany PA) from LATKY SLOVAKIA IN 1910. I am looking at a lot of posts and websites,but feel a little over whelmed. Any suggestions were to start looking for databases, and how to read them? I would be so grateful if anyone can give me a starting point.
                > >
                > > Stacey

              • Nick Kerpchar
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 23, 2013
                  Stacey,
                  Take all the information you posted here to the nearest Mormon Church family history center and tell them you are researching your family's genealogy and can they help point you in the right direction.  They will most likely sit you down at a computer, bring up their version of Ancestory.Com (for free) and help you input your information into the software program/database and see what comes up on the screen.  There may be a long list on your ancestors' records ... or nothing.  That is the way it goes.  BUT, the person helping you may have several suggestions on how to proceed.  That is how this genealogy research goes.  You go one step at a time.  The most important thing is that you DO  NOT  become discouraged.

                  As you become more comfortable with genealogy research you will hit what is known as "brick walls."  Well, brick walls are those moments when it seems like you can go no further.  Poo-baa!  That just means that you have to look at the target (ancestor) at a different angle.  Again, as I, and a few others that have responded to you have suggested, take single steps in researching your family's history.  It is not as easy, mostly, as on television for movie stars/etc.  If you have not guessed that is all pre-researched and scripted ... if only it were that easy!.

                  You have most likely been given a lot of information.  Yes, you most certainly have to read it through and think about it.  Here is a VERY important suggestion: as you gather information about your ancestors, please write it in a notebook AND document the source you got it from ... that way you will not be repeating the same thing over and over again.

                  Ya know, as small and clustered as the villages were in the days leading up to and including the Austrian - Hungarian Empire, do not be surprised that you are related to many of the people/families in that village.

                  Well.  Stacey, print out all of the advice you have been given and read it through.  Everyone here, in my experience, wants you to find your family's history.  And please remember that your ancestors did the best they could by THEIR standards, not our present day standards.  The fact that they survived, you live.  In other words, do not treat your ancestors harshly by today's standards.
                  I wish you every success in your search,  Nick

                  ________________________________

                  --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@...> wrote:

                  > You have received a great deal of good advice in previous replies.
                  >
                  > What was the RELIGION of Pal POLYAK? We need that because the records for births, deaths and marriages were kepT by the church.
                  >
                  > --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "sepalmer8" <sepalmer8@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello all, my name is Stacey and I am new to genealogy. I am researching my Slovak Roots and I am reading and learning, but it seems I have a long way to go. My great grandfather, and grandfather (Pal,Pavel Polyak)both grandfather and great grand father had same name. My ancestors immigrated to the U.S.(Alleghany PA) from LATKY SLOVAKIA IN 1910. I am looking at a lot of posts and websites,but feel a little over whelmed. Any suggestions were to start looking for databases, and how to read them? I would be so grateful if anyone can give me a starting point.
                  > >
                  > > Stacey

                • William C. Wormuth
                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 23, 2013
                    Your Paulus (Pavol) Record Found in Records for the church in Detvianska Huta [Dehtveeahn-skeh Huhtah] Church records:   https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-23415-23294-73?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FPY:2122056211

                    The name of the church is Nanebovzatia Panny Márie [Nahnehbohv-zahteeah Pahn-nee Mah-ree-eh meaning  Assumption of Lady Mary

                    Your father's record for 1901 is not available here.

                    Re Békescsaba [Behkehsh-chahbah] Is a town in Southern Hungary.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9k%C3%A9scsaba
                    Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Latky+Slovakia&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

                    In other near-by churches the records do not go to 1901

                    Vilo

                    ________________________________
                    Wow, everyone has been so helpful, Thank you all. I just have to learn how to use this information.
                    My Grandfather;s American name was Frank Pollock, but when he came to the US at the age of 8, his name was Pal Polyak, the same name as his father. My grandfather belonged to a Roman Catholic church. Frank was born Oct 7 1901 GGfather Pal Polyak(Paul Polak, Pollock)born Dec 15 1878. Paul states he was born in Latky Slovokia. Frank came to US at a later date with his mother Maria and passenger record states that last residence was Békescsaba. I just don't see any records on the internet for Latky Slovakia. I don't know if I need to request them from the town? I wish there was a list of instructions how to find these records. I am still looking for Maria's maiden name. Thank you all for all the information.I am studying it all and trying to learn

                    > You have received a great deal of good advice in previous replies.
                    >
                    > What was the RELIGION of Pal POLYAK? We need that because the records for births, deaths and marriages were kepT by the church.
                    >
                    > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sepalmer8" <sepalmer8@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello all, my name is Stacey and I am new to genealogy. I am researching my Slovak Roots and I am reading and learning, but it seems I have a long way to go. My great grandfather, and grandfather (Pal,Pavel Polyak)both grandfather and great grand father had same name. My ancestors immigrated to the U.S.(Alleghany PA) from LATKY SLOVAKIA IN 1910. I am looking at a lot of posts and websites,but feel a little over whelmed. Any suggestions were to start looking for databases, and how to read them? I would be so grateful if anyone can give me a starting point.
                    > >
                    > > Stacey

                  • John
                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 23, 2013
                      >>> My Grandfather;s American name was Frank Pollock, but when he came to the US at the age of 8, his name was Pal Polyak, the same name as his father. My grandfather belonged to a Roman Catholic church. Frank was born Oct 7 1901 GGfather Pal Polyak(Paul Polak, Pollock)born Dec 15 1878. Paul states he was born in Latky Slovokia. <<<

                      Vilo located the birth record at Detvianska Huta 15 Dec 1879 at house Latky 1.
                      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-23415-23294-73?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FPY:2122056211

                      Page 122/142.

                      That said, the version of Latky is the one in the former Nograd Megye = county. However, it borders on the adjacent county (to add to the potential confusion).

                      That is an important point "cleared up". Now you have the church records back to 1763.

                      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-23415-23588-79?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FPY:2122056211#uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2FM99C-CMB%3An1602097321%3Fcc%3D1554443

                      Krsty 1763-1820 -- Úmrtia 1790-1830 -
                      Krsty 1831-1844 -- Úmrtia 1831-1844 -
                      Krsty 1844-1853, 1873-1880 -
                      Krsty 1853-1873 -
                      Manželstvá 1778-1802 -
                      Manželstvá 1803-1844 â€"
                      Rodná kniha 1792 â€"
                      Birmovaní 1803, 1813, 1830 (1829 nesprávný) -
                      Manželstvá 1844-1853 â€"
                      Rôzne záznamy 1881-1882 -
                      Manželstvá 1853-1886 -
                      Úmrtia 1844-1853, 1878 -
                      Úmrtia 1853-1878 -
                      Vol. Nr. 340A Krsty 1880-1887 -
                      Vol. Nr. 340A (pokrač.) Krsty 1880-1887 -
                      Vol. Nr. 340B Krsty 1888-1925 -
                      Vol. Nr. 340C Krsty 1887-1911 -
                      Vol. Nr. 340C (pokrač.) Krsty 1887-1911 -
                      Vol. Nr. 345A Úmrtia 1878-1894 -
                      Vol. Nr. 345B Úmrtia 1895-1909 -
                      Vol. Nr. 343A Manželstvá 1887-1934 -
                      Vol. Nr. 340D Krsty 1787-1895 -
                    • William C. Wormuth
                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 23, 2013
                        Additional Info:

                        I was interested in your Great-Grandmother's ethnic origin, since she was from Hungary and married a Slovak.  Most Slovaks spoke Hungarian but in my experience, I have never run across, intermarriage. I found that Békescsaba was settled by Slovak Lutherans beginning 1n 1718.
                        http://www.bekescsaba.hu/history_of_our_city.htm

                        Vilo

                        ________________________________

                        Wow, everyone has been so helpful, Thank you all. I just have to learn how to use this information.
                        My Grandfather;s American name was Frank Pollock, but when he came to the US at the age of 8, his name was Pal Polyak, the same name as his father. My grandfather belonged to a Roman Catholic church. Frank was born Oct 7 1901 GGfather Pal Polyak(Paul Polak, Pollock)born Dec 15 1878. Paul states he was born in Latky Slovokia. Frank came to US at a later date with his mother Maria and passenger record states that last residence was Békescsaba. I just don't see any records on the internet for Latky Slovakia. I don't know if I need to request them from the town? I wish there was a list of instructions how to find these records. I am still looking for Maria's maiden name. Thank you all for all the information.I am studying it all and trying to learn

                        > You have received a great deal of good advice in previous replies.
                        >
                        > What was the RELIGION of Pal POLYAK? We need that because the records for births, deaths and marriages were kepT by the church.
                        >
                        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sepalmer8" <sepalmer8@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hello all, my name is Stacey and I am new to genealogy. I am researching my Slovak Roots and I am reading and learning, but it seems I have a long way to go. My great grandfather, and grandfather (Pal,Pavel Polyak)both grandfather and great grand father had same name. My ancestors immigrated to the U.S.(Alleghany PA) from LATKY SLOVAKIA IN 1910. I am looking at a lot of posts and websites,but feel a little over whelmed. Any suggestions were to start looking for databases, and how to read them? I would be so grateful if anyone can give me a starting point.
                        > >
                        > > Stacey

                      • John
                        Message 11 of 22 , Aug 23, 2013
                          >>> Frank came to US at a later date with his mother Maria and passenger record states that last residence was Bekescsaba. <<<

                          CURRENT MAP
                          To locate places in Europe, especially if you are not sure of the proper spelling of the place name, the best reference is found at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm

                          Bekescsaba is far away from Latky. 46°41' N 21°06' E
                        • John
                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 24, 2013
                            >>> [Frank] came to US at a later date with his mother Maria and passenger record states that last residence was Békescsaba. <<<

                            If we look at the actual passenger manifest and NOT a transcription, you will see the name of the nearest relative, her MOTHER.

                            Paulik, Pal Bekescsaba, Hungary 8 1902 1910
                            Paulik, Maria Bekescsaba, Hungary 29 1881 1910
                            Paulik, Maria Bekescsaba, Hungary 0 1910 1910

                            Paulik, Pal Bekescsaba, Hungary 30 1879 1909

                            ELLIS ISLAND LISTINGS
                            I use the Morse front end, Gold Form, for researching Ellis Island entries. http://www.stevemorse.org/

                            You can use just a few letters for the name or village and check off several language choices, eg: Hungarian, Slovak, Ruthenian. Be aware that transcription errors abound and so you should always look at the manifest, which often has two pages.

                            http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/engine/gold.php?uid=13469645809011346964593816&referrer=httpstevemorse.orgellis2ellisgold.html&mode=running&time=1377344875224&arrivalPort=ellisgold&email=&firstkind=close&FNM=&kind=close&LNM=Paulik&companionkind=close&CNM=&townkind=close&town=Bekescsaba&SHP=&prtkind=close&PRT=&SYR=&EYR=&MONTH=&DAY=&SAGE=&EAGE=&offset=1&MRTL=&BSYR=&BEYR=&pagesize=50&CGD=&FLD=name&FLD=yoa&FLD=age&FLD=passrec&FLD=town&FLD=tmanifest&FLD=smanifest&FLD=yob&FLD=image&FLD=annotations&SRT=name&DIRECTION=asc

                            I see the surname as KARITAR. Husband is Janos.

                            I also see numbers attached to the entry and I will let others explain the significance of 6-86616-10/19/40-305
                          • John
                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 24, 2013
                              You should be able to find the 1881 birth record of Maria KARITAR in the church records, found online at:

                              https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/237806?availability=Family%20History%20Library

                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 24, 2013
                                I have made a terrible mistake. Last night I saw the someone saved what I thought was my grandfather's Passenger log to their relative (ancestry,com)so now I do not know who my greatmother is. The information was wrong for Frank and Maria. I will look at the information given to me about Paul Polak. Thank you all so much for the information, I will study it right now.
                                Stacey

                                > Additional Info:
                                >
                                > I was interested in your Great-Grandmother's ethnic origin, since she was from Hungary and married a Slovak.  Most Slovaks spoke Hungarian but in my experience, I have never run across, intermarriage. I found that Békescsaba was settled by Slovak Lutherans beginning 1n 1718.
                                > http://www.bekescsaba.hu/history_of_our_city.htm
                                >
                                > Vilo
                                >

                                > ________________________________

                              • sepalmer8
                                Message 15 of 22 , Aug 24, 2013
                                  Oh Thank you Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me! I would never be able to find this. I have looked at these records, and I just cant read them. I see that I must learn to read Slovak. My father didn't ever know where his father was from. So all of this has been such a mystery.
                                  Stacey

                                  > Your Paulus (Pavol) Record Found in Records for the church in Detvianska Huta [Dehtveeahn-skeh Huhtah] Church records:   https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-23415-23294-73?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FPY:2122056211
                                  >
                                  > The name of the church is Nanebovzatia Panny Márie [Nahnehbohv-zahteeah Pahn-nee Mah-ree-eh meaning  Assumption of Lady Mary
                                  >
                                  > Your father's record for 1901 is not available here.
                                  >
                                  > Re Békescsaba [Behkehsh-chahbah] Is a town in Southern Hungary.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9k%C3%A9scsaba
                                  > Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Latky+Slovakia&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
                                  >
                                  > In other near-by churches the records do not go to 1901
                                  >
                                  > Vilo
                                  >

                                  > ________________________________

                                • William C. Wormuth
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Aug 24, 2013
                                    Stacia,

                                    You may write me at: senzus@... and I will help you to read the records.  I do this because I can send the records, translated as jpg.

                                    Vilo

                                    ________________________________
                                    Oh Thank you Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me! I would never be able to find this. I have looked at these records, and I just cant read them. I see that I must learn to read Slovak. My father didn't ever know where his father was from. So all of this has been such a mystery.
                                    Stacey

                                    > Your Paulus (Pavol) Record Found in Records for the church in Detvianska Huta [Dehtveeahn-skeh Huhtah] Church records:   https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-23415-23294-73?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FPY:2122056211
                                    >
                                    > The name of the church is Nanebovzatia Panny Márie [Nahnehbohv-zahteeah Pahn-nee Mah-ree-eh meaning  Assumption of Lady Mary
                                    >
                                    > Your father's record for 1901 is not available here.
                                    >
                                    > Re Békescsaba [Behkehsh-chahbah] Is a town in Southern Hungary.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9k%C3%A9scsaba
                                    > Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Latky+Slovakia&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
                                    >
                                    > In other near-by churches the records do not go to 1901
                                    >
                                    > Vilo
                                    >

                                    > ________________________________

                                  • Judy
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 24, 2013
                                      Stacy,

                                      These are not written in Slovak - page headers are in Hungarian and handwritten entries are in Latin.

                                      Judy

                                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sepalmer8" <sepalmer8@...> wrote:

                                      > Oh Thank you Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me! I would never be able to find this. I have looked at these records, and I just cant read them. I see that I must learn to read Slovak. My father didn't ever know where his father was from. So all of this has been such a mystery.
                                      > Stacey
                                      >

                                      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Your Paulus (Pavol) Record Found in Records for the church in Detvianska Huta [Dehtveeahn-skeh Huhtah] Church records:   https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-23415-23294-73?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-FPY:2122056211
                                      > >
                                      > > The name of the church is Nanebovzatia Panny Márie [Nahnehbohv-zahteeah Pahn-nee Mah-ree-eh meaning  Assumption of Lady Mary
                                      > >
                                      > > Your father's record for 1901 is not available here.
                                      > >
                                      > > Re Békescsaba [Behkehsh-chahbah] Is a town in Southern Hungary.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9k%C3%A9scsaba
                                      > > Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Latky+Slovakia&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
                                      > >
                                      > > In other near-by churches the records do not go to 1901
                                      > >
                                      > > Vilo

                                    • sepalmer8
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 24, 2013
                                        Vilo,
                                        your full email does not show up on the page. my email is sepalmer8 at gmail. com