Virus Detected was Re: RE: Ship Manifest DOB

  • gografix
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2001
      From: John <jmatsko@...>
      Subject: Virus Detected was Re: RE: Ship Manifest DOB

      Yes John I do have a virus program, Norton.
      I did NOT open any of those e-mail/files. they were too suspicious!
      I got several from the "KuzminskyFamily". Then I got some from
      "magton" <magton@...> With the SAME problem, attachment!
      I delete them & they come back!

      I hope this helps others NOT to get infected!
      Later, jan (FL) :-)
    • gjlazar@telerama.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2001
        -I got the same virus from the Slova-World mail list and it came in
        reponse to one of my questions posted from the same family mentioned
        in earlier post. Just said see the attached. I opened it and have now
        blown thelast three hours cleaning up my computer.
        If anyone else gets caught the easy way is to run norton scan with
        windows in safe mode, otherwise you will not be able to delete move or
        qauarantine the infected files created by the virus.
        they are: in Windows/system/"kern32.exe" and "INTED.EXE" and
        "hksdll.dll"
        or start up in dos so windows won't laod these files and do the delete
        from the dos prompt.
        This nasty bug sends itself to senders of unread files in your Outlook
        or outlook express mail folders (another reason to stay with Netscape)
        plus it sends the author your IP address (good reason not to have a
        cable modem cause the IP never changes and is always on), so he can
        come in and pick up ID, intercept credit cards and the like.
        I hope Maura won't get upset about this post but afterall, we are
        getting the bug from this group mailing list.