Re: [S-R] Stefan Kocis

  • Samuel Ontko
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 20 6:15 PM
      HOLY TRINITY PARISH: A BRIEF HISTORY

      1907-2011

      In 1911 the Republic Iron and Steel Company built a 2,000 foot bridge across the Mahoning River making it easier for residents of Struthers to commute from one side of the town to the other. In 1914 many in the Valley were torn by stories of war in their ancestral homes. They turned to a new pastor for guidance. Fr. Joseph Zalibera became the pastor and oversaw an enlargement of the Holy Trinity School. A convent for the Vincentian Sisters was built. 1918 not only saw the end of the Great War in Europe, but the first ordination of a son of Holy Trinity parish. Fr. Stephen Kocis was ordained in that year.