Hertnek?

  • Alison Prainito
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2001
      Hi everyone,
      My GG Grandfather died Nov. 30,1916 and was buried Dec.2, 1916 in Hertnek. I'm guessing that is in Slovakia, can anyone confirm that for me? Also, would I be able to obtain any kind of record of hid death from there?
      Thanks,
      Alison

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25, 2001
        At 01:40 PM 4/25/01 -0400, you wrote:
        >Hi everyone,
        >My GG Grandfather died Nov. 30,1916 and was buried Dec.2, 1916 in Hertnek.
        >I'm guessing that is in Slovakia, can anyone confirm that for me? Also,
        >would I be able to obtain any kind of record of hid death from there?
        >Thanks,
        >Alison

        Hertnik is near (about 8-10 miles south of) Bardejov in NE Slovakia. It
        was spelled Hertnek from 1863 to 1913. I'm sure the LDS have microfilmed
        the church records for that area. My ancestors were from that region. The
        records include births, christenings, marriages and deaths.

        John
      • frankur@att.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Alison Prainito" <prainito@h...> wrote:
          > Hi everyone,
          > My GG Grandfather died Nov. 30,1916 and was buried Dec.2, 1916 in
          Hertnek. I'm guessing that is in Slovakia, can anyone confirm that for
          me? Also, would I be able to obtain any kind of record of hid death
          from there?
          > Thanks,
          > Alison

          Hertník (Sv) Hertnek (H) located 202 miles ENE of Bratislava in
          eastern Slovakia.

          The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records for Hertník.
          Only 1856-1897.
          Text in Latin and Hungarian.

          The LDS-Mormons filmed the G.C. parish church records (1800-1895) for
          Hertník.
          Listed under Geraltov, Slovakia, formerly Gerált, Sáros Megye (county)
          Hungary.
          Text in Latin, Hungarian and Ruthenian.

          Your GG GF's death won't be recorded, although his birth and
          ancestors
          may be in records ?

          Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

          LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

          Hungarian English
          rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic
          ag. AG. ágostai Evangelical (Lutheran)
          izr. IZR. izraelita Israelite (Jewish)

          In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
          Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
          Sobás^ení = Marriages
          Zomrelí = Deaths
          Only film header titles will be in Slovak.

          In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.

          Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

          In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
          Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
          Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
          Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

          Frank Kurcina
        • John
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2001

            Frank wrote:
            >Your GG GF's death won't be recorded, although his birth and ancestors
            >may be in records ?

            Ooops! The 1916 date in the post slipped by me. You might try writing a
            letter to the mayor (starosta) of Hertnik to see if the records are
            available in the village or if he can tell you what town or village they
            can be located in. I believe they may be available in Bardejov. My
            mother's village is about the same distance to the SW of Bardejov and I
            found the village records, after 1895, were available in Bardejov. Perhaps
            Frank knows?

            John