Virus Detected was Re: [S-R] RE: Ship Manifest DOB

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2001
      At 05:16 PM 4/24/01 -0400, you wrote:
      >I just received an email from :
      > "Kuzminsky Family" <kuz@...>
      >I was not familiar with your name, but you quoted my post below.
      >The problem was, the attachment! when I tried replying back to you to
      >make sure it was "legit", the message got returned...
      >For everyone else, Please excuse my e-mail, I didn't know what else to do.

      Jan, I just received an E-mail with an attachment from
      the"KuzminskyFamily". The attachment was labeled "news_doc.scr". My
      McAffee virus scanner caught it as it came in. It identified it as a virus
      called W32/Badtrans@MM. I followed the instructions to Delete and it came
      back to tell me it couldn't delete the file. I then tried Clean and it
      said it couldn't clean the file. I tried moving it from my Eudora download
      directory and was told I couldn't move it. The last option was Exclude and
      that did something. I ran a virus scan on my C drive and found no infected
      files. I then went to my download directory and saw the attachments at the
      bottom of the post but there were red X's through the attachment boxes. I
      deleted the messages and then went to the Trash directory and deleted them
      from there.

      Jan, I received two copies of the Kuzminsky Post and two copies of your
      post at the same time. Do you have virus scanning program with the latest
      virus data files. I hope you did not get infected. Please read Maura's
      post on this virus and check for viruses if you haven't already.