Re: Question about Notes on Baptismal Record

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2013
      Dawn,
      You got it essentially correct.

      It says: This offspring was legitimated by a subsequent marriage of the parents on 3 Nov 1862. The legimation and correction of record was done by order of the Bishop's vicar given as no 391 on 21 Feb 1893.
      Correction [of record] done by parish priest.

      Note the lapse of time between the marriage and the legitimation. This was probably done for civil purposes of inheritance, etc., not for religious reasons.

      Curt B.