Anna Malackanic (or Malackanics) Genealogy from Zemplinska, Trebisov, Czechoslov

  • gailsthornton
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
      I am interested in looking for my grandmother's genealogy (her parents were Anna and George Malackanic and her brothers were George, Michael Malackanic), the original house she lived in the late 1890s in Zemplinska in Trebisov, Czechoslovakia (Austria-Hungary), and any relatives that are currently in Slovakia in the same town. Would anyone know how I could get started? Thank you. gail
    • gailsthornton
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
        My grandmother could have been born in Niglesz and not Trebisov. Thank you. Gail

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "gailsthornton" <gailsthornton@...> wrote:

        > I am interested in looking for my grandmother's genealogy (her parents were Anna and George Malackanic and her brothers were George, Michael Malackanic), the original house she lived in the late 1890s in Zemplinska in Trebisov, Czechoslovakia (Austria-Hungary), and any relatives that are currently in Slovakia in the same town. Would anyone know how I could get started? Thank you. gail

      • John
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
          BASIC RESEARCH HELP
          For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

          FamilySearch Wiki has a Slovakia Portal page where you can learn how to find, use, and analyze Slovak records of genealogical value. https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Portal:Slovakia

          Church records up to 1895 are available online. Come back with religion and dates.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "gailsthornton" <gailsthornton@...> wrote:

          > I am interested in looking for my grandmother's genealogy (her parents were Anna and George Malackanic and her brothers were George, Michael Malackanic), the original house she lived in the late 1890s in Zemplinska in Trebisov, Czechoslovakia (Austria-Hungary), and any relatives that are currently in Slovakia in the same town. Would anyone know how I could get started? Thank you. gail

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
            Malackanics [Mahlats-kahneech]

            http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Malackanic/slovensko/

            The above directory lists Malackanic in 2 places near Trebisov [Trrehbee-shohv]:

            Vojcice [Vohee-cheetseh] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voj%C4%8Dice) and Secovce [Sehchohv-tseh].http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C4%8Dovce

            I have no reference for Niglesz [Neeg-lehs]

            Vilo

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
              >>> My grandmother could have been born in Niglesz <<<

              That should be Milhostov, Slovakia, formerly Miglész, Zemplén, Hungary.

              CURRENT MAP
              To locate places in Europe, especially if you are not sure of the proper spelling of the place name, the best reference is found at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm