Chernich & Mikec

  • johnshow@ktc.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2001
      Hi , I am just new to this list and trying to find some information
      on my grandparents on my mothers side. My Grandfather Micheal Chernich
      came to the county in 1889 ( 1920 Census ) On his marriage license
      his name is spell Gernich and up until about 1927 some of his
      children spelled it Chernitz . They later spelled it Chernich. My
      Grandmother Barbara Mikec came to this county in 1892 (1920 Census )
      also I have found different spelling for her name such as Micketts
      and Micket.
      The Census list both as coming from Hungary , However Micheal's Death
      Certificate states he came from Czechoslavakia and Barbara's has her
      coming from Austria.
      If any one can be of any help on this , in any way , I would be
      greatly Appreciated it.
      John My e-mail : johnshow@...