Re: Trying to find towns and districts

  • t.salony
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2013
      Larry,

      Kisida: http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mala_Ida_Kosice_okolie_KI_AbaujTorna_AbovTurna.html

      "Hatkovic": http://www.cisarik.com/0_Hodkovce_Kosice_okolie_KI_AbaujTorna_AbovTurna.html

      Look through the 2 links to the Cisarik site. I think you'll find these are your towns. Each of you surnames still exist there, also.

      On a side note, I hadn't run across the SZALONA surname before. It's extrememly similar to mine, which came from Jarabina,further north between Stara Lubovna and the Polish border.

      TOM

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <lsrastatter@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to locate a number of towns within Hungary so that I can locate marriage and other records. The towns I am trying to locate are Hatkovic, Kisida.
      >
      > The names and spellings where taken from Barbara Pollak's Declaration of Intention June 29, 1939. Which indicated that she was Born October 15 1886 in, Hatkovic, Hungary / Married Steven Pollak on January 17, 1904 in Hatkovic Hungary. Her husband born on September 25, 1878 in Kisida Hungary. According to her Certificate of Death her fathers name was George Szalona.
      >
      > I have already browsed through the Hungary, Civil Registration, 1895-1980 for Abaúj-Torna on the Family Search website and could not locate the wedding record. So I am wondering if I may have the wrong County. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2013
        Sru990,
        Hatkovic probably is present day Hodkovce which was in Abov county, Kisida is certainly present day Mala Ida, which also was in old Abov county.

        Curt B.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <lsrastatter@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to locate a number of towns within Hungary so that I can locate marriage and other records. The towns I am trying to locate are Hatkovic, Kisida.
        >
        > The names and spellings where taken from Barbara Pollak's Declaration of Intention June 29, 1939. Which indicated that she was Born October 15 1886 in, Hatkovic, Hungary / Married Steven Pollak on January 17, 1904 in Hatkovic Hungary. Her husband born on September 25, 1878 in Kisida Hungary. According to her Certificate of Death her fathers name was George Szalona.
        >
        > I have already browsed through the Hungary, Civil Registration, 1895-1980 for Abaúj-Torna on the Family Search website and could not locate the wedding record. So I am wondering if I may have the wrong County. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      • MGMojher
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2013
          Larry,
          1995 Slovak Census did not have a Hatkovic. All the alternatives given we for surnames. A possibility is -
          1773 Hatkotz, Hatkowcze, 1786 Hatkócz, Hatkowze, 1808 Hatkócz, Hatkowce, 1863–1913, 1938–1945 Hatkóc, 1920 Hadkovce, 1927–1938, 1945– Hodkovce
          It is two villages west of Mala Ida. Population 248.

          Kisida had a hit – it is now Mala Ida in orkes/district of Kosice.
          Malá Ida KS/KI abov.
          1773 Kis-Ida, 1786 Kisch-Ida, 1808 Kis-Ida, Malá Ida, Idka, 1863–1913, 1938–1945 Kisida, 1920–1938, 1945– Malá Ida
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal%C3%A1_Ida
          http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mala_Ida_Kosice_okolie_KI_AbaujTorna_AbovTurna.html

          I am trying to locate a number of towns within Hungary so that I can locate marriage and other records. The towns I am trying to locate are Hatkovic, Kisida.

          The names and spellings where taken from Barbara Pollak's Declaration of Intention June 29, 1939. Which indicated that she was Born October 15 1886 in, Hatkovic, Hungary / Married Steven Pollak on January 17, 1904 in Hatkovic Hungary. Her husband born on September 25, 1878 in Kisida Hungary. According to her Certificate of Death her fathers name was George Szalona.

          I have already browsed through the Hungary, Civil Registration, 1895-1980 for Abaúj-Torna on the Family Search website and could not locate the wedding record. So I am wondering if I may have the wrong County. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        • genmom4
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 13, 2013
            Following through with the suggested town names from MGMojher, I was able to locate Barbara born to George Szalona on 16 Oct 1888:
            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22652-46348-85?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-8JJ:n850620249

            When I put the town name of Hodkovce into the Family search catalog, the results showed that I needed to look for Roman Catholic films in Moldava nad Bodvou District, town name Novacany. Birth marriage and deaths from 1829-1907.

            You may want to look and see if you can find the marriage listing. Don't get stuck on exact dates. Be sure to peruse a few years if you cannot find the exact date.

            Good luck,
            Barbara

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "MGMojher" <mgmojher@...> wrote:

            > Larry,
            > 1995 Slovak Census did not have a Hatkovic. All the alternatives given we for surnames. A possibility is -
            > 1773 Hatkotz, Hatkowcze, 1786 Hatkócz, Hatkowze, 1808 Hatkócz, Hatkowce, 1863â€"1913, 1938â€"1945 Hatkóc, 1920 Hadkovce, 1927â€"1938, 1945â€" Hodkovce
            > It is two villages west of Mala Ida. Population 248.
            >
            > Kisida had a hit â€" it is now Mala Ida in orkes/district of Kosice.
            > Malá Ida KS/KI abov.
            > 1773 Kis-Ida, 1786 Kisch-Ida, 1808 Kis-Ida, Malá Ida, Idka, 1863â€"1913, 1938â€"1945 Kisida, 1920â€"1938, 1945â€" Malá Ida
            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal%C3%A1_Ida
            > http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mala_Ida_Kosice_okolie_KI_AbaujTorna_AbovTurna.html

          • Eulia J Hydro
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 13, 2013
              Barbara .I found what I believe to be my husbsnd  Great  Grandfather-Mother they are Olena Geletics- Gyorgy Hojdra. In Ubl'anina Slovakia. I found two siblings Maria & Anna I believe there are four brothers I'm not sure. one thing the family did't talk much about family. Thank you for the Links that helped a lot

              ________________________________

              --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "MGMojher" <mgmojher@...> wrote:

              > Larry,
              > 1995 Slovak Census did not have a Hatkovic. All the alternatives given we for surnames. A possibility is -
              > 1773 Hatkotz, Hatkowcze, 1786 Hatkócz, Hatkowze, 1808 Hatkócz, Hatkowce, 1863â€"1913, 1938â€"1945 Hatkóc, 1920 Hadkovce, 1927â€"1938, 1945â€" Hodkovce
              > It is two villages west of Mala Ida. Population 248.
              >
              > Kisida had a hit â€" it is now Mala Ida in orkes/district of Kosice.
              > Malá Ida KS/KI abov.
              > 1773 Kis-Ida, 1786 Kisch-Ida, 1808 Kis-Ida, Malá Ida, Idka, 1863â€"1913, 1938â€"1945 Kisida, 1920â€"1938, 1945â€" Malá Ida
              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal%C3%A1_Ida
              > http://www.cisarik.com/0_Mala_Ida_Kosice_okolie_KI_AbaujTorna_AbovTurna.html

            • Larry
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 17, 2013
                I want to thank everyone who helped me locate the towns and even the records for some of my relatives.